Chapter Two

Lexus

Lexus was confused. Yet he felt in his heart that he should accept the offer of finding out who his father is or rather was.

"That man is not your father Lex. He never took care of you other than a sending a cheque. Please baby stay here, you can work for Jim" his mother, Audrina pleads.

"Mom, you know that I don't want that. It's what you want, not me" Lexus says exasperated. He's tired of having this conversation.

It only sealed the decision he was about to make. He had been communicating with Tina, his father's wife. She called him a week ago and informed him of James March's death, his supposed father. His mother never denied it when he asked but she did look at him funny when the conversation came up.

"Mother, I'm going" he said firmly and watched his mother's chin tremble, a bit of fear in her eyes but as soon as he saw it, it was gone. Audrina Jenner stiffened her spine, jaws set.

"Fine! Go see what a great man James was. Go meet his perfect family. Forget all the sacrifices I made - "

"You never sacrificed anything for me!" Lexus felt bad for shouting at his mom but every word was true.

"Look, I'm sorry for yelling but I am twenty six years old. I can make my own decisions and I want to go. I played the sport you chose, I went to the college you chose. I live half a block away because I had to move out on your terms, hell I'm even interning at the company you chose. It's time I do what I want mom" Lexus says and left his mother's house with a purpose.

Tired, so tired of his mother turning him into the man she wanted not even bothering to see the man he could become on his own.

This offer from Tina also could not have come at a better time as Lexus had an interview with a company out in New York who is looking for someone to fill their Data Analysis position. Two birds: one stone. Lexus thought.

After making arrangements with his landlord and his bank he purchased a one way ticket to New York three days after the argument with his mother.

When he told Tina of his decision she offered to pay his travel fee but he declined. She was quite excited that he wanted to come out there and meet her. From what she told Lexus, she and James had a son named Antonio who is twenty three years old. Like Lexus he's an only child.

It's weird for Lexus thinking that he has a brother but it was quite exciting at the same time. With his things packed Lexus took a cab to the airport.

Lexus got settled into his hotel room. Tomorrow he'd go to the address of his late father and meet the man's family. He called Tina and let her know he had arrived and confirmed the time to find himself at her door for dinner the next day.

Nothing else to do Lexus decided to use the complimentary invite to a club three blocks away which he got when he checked in. He felt too energized to sleep, too excited to sit in the room and watch T.V. At least he'd see what all the rave is about the New York night life.

Dressing in a pair of black skinny jeans, a black dress shirt and his favorite pair of timberland boots Lexus walked the little distance to Club Electric.

Showing his ID to the bouncer Lexus strolled to the bar liking the way the music thumped through him.

"Whiskey neat" he says to the bartender that glanced at him. She was a petite brunette. Tank top with Club Electric emblazoned on her bust. He downed the shot in one gulp and ordered a beer next.

Looking out onto the dance floor Lexus smiled taking in the carefree dancers. Bodies writhing to the music. After downing his beer Lexus was in need of a smoke.

No Regretting Us (ManXMan// lgbt)// #Wattys2016On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara