Then he broke out into a silly smile, scratching the back of his head, "Because....then how would I have got you to come with me?"

My cheeks turned scarlet as my face heated up. I tried fighting back the smile that was threatening to show on my face.

"--drink?"

"Sorry, what?" I asked, snapping out of it.

Jax smirked at my dazed state, "I asked do you want something to drink, love?"

"A coke w-would be nice." I replied, still flustered.

Mentally scolding myself for stuttering, I went back into the living room, so as not to further embarrass myself. I sighed as I sank down into the couch, looking around the room. I was surprised at how proper Jax kept his house. That was hardly expected from the male kind, if you know what I mean.

My eyes wandered towards the stairs and then the space under them and the first floor landing. I laughed at how much the space resembled the one where the Dursleys kept Harry Potter.

This space had a door too. An old, beaten down door, much like the one in my house. Curious, I stood up and walked up to it. It looked much too old in comparison to the rest of the house, making me wonder why it was so, which in turn made me wonder why it was so in my house.

"What are you doing?" Jax's voice startled me, making me almost jump as I turned around.

Jax was standing there, a glass of Coca Cola in each hand, staring at me incredulously.

"I-uhm, I was just seeing around, don't look at me like that." I said defensively, taking one glass from him and stalking back to the couch.

Jax shrugged, "I was just asking."

I decided to let it slide. Jax came and sat beside me, putting a bowl of popcorn between us.

I smiled at his thoughtfulness but honestly, I had absolutely no appetite. These past few days had shaken me up and I hadn't been sleeping or eating properly.

When we had sat in silence for a while, Jax finally sighed beside me, "Kat? Are you okay?"

I breathed deeply, then looked down at my feet, "I don't know, Jax. I really don't know. I may not have showed but Sara really meant so much to me and it's tough to accept that she really is gone."

"Hey," Jax said, putting an arm around me and pulling me closer. I didn't push him back because I knew I needed the comfort. "You're gonna be okay." he said, "Everything will be alright."

"Will it be?" I asked, "Jax, I don't even feel safe anymore."

"Is that what it is?" he asked and I nodded. "Kat, rest assured. No one is coming after you. We know that it was that psycho who....killed Sara." Jax said, flinching at his own words.

I nodded, "What's your point?"

"The point is that you should be relieved. Isn't it a known fact that the Polaroid keeps absolutely none connection between his victims?"

I scoffed, "Thanks, Jax. That was very reassuring."

Jax sighed. After a few moments' tense silence, he said "I don't know what to say to you."

"You don't have to say anything." I said, my voice just above a whisper.

"No. Kat, I can't sit around knowing that there's something that's bothering you and I am not doing anything about it. I can't. I just can't. I don't want you to feel the way you do. I want to make it all better and-and-" he sighed, "I am rambling, am I not?"