Bonus Chapter

All I remember is white and black.

White container... inside it is him wearing his favorite black colored suit.

I asked mom why was he in there, still sleeping. I didn't get any response from her so I look up, only to meet a down and tired looking face of hers while she stared at him through her once sparkling eyes. Her eyes start to wet when he was being lifted down. Then, two men starts to dug up soil to cover him. I don't know what expression should I make on that moment.

He said he would be back.

He did but his eyes are now closed. His once tanned colored skin suddenly turned pale. Just when I try to touch him, he's cold as ice in the snow. I wonder what happened. I came to ask the most ridicule question when he was being brought home by some men wearing some odd clothes.

"Mama, did Papa lived at the snowy mountains? Why was he so cold? Why were his eyes closed? Is he sleeping? When will he wake up?"

Her eyes suddenly scrunched up in a frown then turn to be sad... until her eyes teared up continuously down to her face. I went still back then...

"Mama, why are you crying? Papa is..." just then I realized what was it.

A single tear came out of my eye as I uttered the words. "He's sleeping... papa is sleeping... am I right mama?" I asked again, this time, my voice is trembling. I tug on her dress, but soon she falls on her knees and cry her life out. Just then, my eyes also started to let out tears that I've been holding back for a minute.

He told me...

He... promised me.

"You'll wait for Papa, okay?"

"Yes Papa..."

"Take care of mama for me. I love you, Miyaka."

"I love you too, Papa."

All I know is, he's coming back. He promised me.

And he fulfill it.

Indeed, he came, yet he's already lifeless.

Papa...

I was only 6 then. On my wee little mind, I started to wonder why the most special person had to leave that way. He left us on this state without even saying goodbye. He didn't even tell us he was already suffering cancer at the states. He flew abroad not even bothering to tell us his true condition.

What was he thinking?

Just why wouldn't he tell us? Why keep it if... he's almost dying?

Why does he have to be so selfish?

Just why Papa?

You promise me right?

You promise mama you'll be back...

After that, I started to believe less in promises. But somehow, there's one person who made one promise two days after my papa passed away. It was Sunday afternoon and I was standing alone under the cherry blossom tree. It's a little windy, the petals from the tree are dramatically falling along as the wind blows. I don't know why my feet got me to that place. But I do remember that Papa likes cherry blossoms.

Through that tree, I could feel my father's presence...

Just when I turned my eyes on the other side, there's already a boy standing meters away from me. I was little taken aback when I saw his two different colored eyes, yet his eyes look gentle.