Reckless Optimist

He writes love poems to a fantasy,
Gold ink, misty features.

She plays the drums in the air, to a band that's only hers in the sense that they're her secret.

They fill jars labeled "Adventure" with rocks, so that it makes the clinking sound when shaken.
Putting themselves to sleep, all the windows open, curled up big down comforters and sheets.
The cold night air intensifies their dreams.

Imagine living in a blank walled box.
No windows, no mirrors, no hinges or locks.
Imagine telling stories from the inside of a literal box. They'd be boring, your mind would get lost.

An optimist could write about what they *think* and *want* to happen.
A ~reckless~ optimist, however, could fall 20,000 leagues deep into chapters of hope
Just in their sleep.

60,000 leagues previously explored, just to find one third of the best story ever told.

There are characters held under lock and key, hidden. Only allowing themselves to be seen by practitioners of reckless hopefulism.

The reckless optimist listens;
To doves,
To children.
To office managers and builders.
To the voices in their heads, believing that the things the voice says are just honest, not meant to be hurtful.
The reckless optimist sees beauty in splattered ink.
Psychoanalysts never really know what to think.

The eternal sunshine of their youth is always being wasted on people wearing sunglasses.
While the (reckless) optimist stands back in their birthday suit, bright red like a sunset after a really crappy car ride.

Little fish in big ponds with a lot of bigger fish-
Most underdog heroes cannot afford to celebrate the life of such a reckless optimist.
The main character is not allowed to build a plot surrounding a daydream, only to watch it be pulled apart at its seams by what's going on in "reality".

Nobody wants to watch their fantasy kiss someone else.

No one wants to be rejected by an instrument. It's safer to just play along to the headphones than hear from that drum kit that you're bad at hitting things with sticks very passionately.

So, there's a lot of irony. But the main point will always be that reckless optimists don't often find favor within the realities of cynics and critics.
Where walls are painted black to avoid stains.

The reckless optimist creates sunbeams
With Archimedes death rays
That they do believe will result in lovely sunsets.
And most everybody burnt to a crisp is not in favor of this method.