The Girl Who Went To Prom and The Brother

Start from the beginning

Then without warning Gideon swings his arm and his fist smashes into my face. Expected, I cursed silently and straightened myself out. I wanted to hit him but I refuse to beat up any family member of Sage's, they're her family and I must respect them-to an extent at least.

"Gideon!" Sage shouts, worryingly.

"Don't you ever call me that!" Gideon shouts and Mr. Slade runs to his son and holds him back.

"Calm down, son!" Mr. Slade yells.

Sage places her hand on my cheek. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I tell her. "just never expected our meeting to go this way."

"How'd you expect me to react!?" Gideon says furiously. "I'm not like my weakling father and gullible sister, I think what you're doing is jacked up! Taking advantage of her and marrying her for your wealth, go find someone else. Sage isn't for sale!"

"I told you I love him!" Sage snaps.

"No, he's deceitful, I've seen him with thousands of women on the news." Gideon protests. "He's a manwhore. He's tricking you like he's tricking them!"

"Greyson isn't like that-!" Sage defends but I raise a hand to stop her.

I clear my throat. "Sage, go to your prom."

"What?" She gasps.

I look at her. "Go, don't let this stupidity ruin this night, Dorian is in the car waiting."

"I can't leave you-"

"You have no choice, go, I'll deal with your brother."

"But..." She's hesitant.

"I'll be fine," I cup her face with my hands and pull her in to kiss her on the forehead. "go."

Sage looks at Gideon then at me, she hesitates but knows that this is a battle she won't win. So I open the door to the limo for her and have her put inside. Dorian gives me a confused look but doesn't ask anything, instead I give Sage a smile and close the door. Seconds later the driver drives away and I look to see she's looking at me through the back window with worry.

"I think we need to talk." I turn around and look at Gideon.

Gideon's jaw hardens.

"Come inside," Mr. Slade intervenes. "we need to talk about this, for Sage."

Without saying a word Gideon stomps back towards the house and I follow behind.

→←

Gideon left the house as soon as I stepped foot inside. All he walked back in for was a shirt-since all he was wearing was a tank-top.

"I'm so sorry for that." Mr. Slade places a bottle of beer on the table for me.

I stare at the bottle, the look at him. "I've never asked about him...but where has he been? And why does he have this grudge against me?"

"To answer your first question, I actually can't." His eyes drop. "He left years ago and never called, or sent a letter. He just left a note about him being alright and that he wouldn't be back for a long time. Then disappeared."

I stay quiet, thinking about what he could have done the past few years instead of being with his family?

"And to answer the second question, he still resents the rich because of what they did to his mother."

This peaks my interest, I know about Heather, but I've never looked into anything more than her death and life in the riches. Between the two have been a blank.