Chapter 24 (Stricken)

Start from the beginning

Nathan and Brad sat quietly in the car while Elliot moaned in pain. Nathan winced as he turned around. Elliot’s face was swollen and they needed to get him to a hospital quick. Elliot grimaced as he touched his black eye.

“Sorry.” Nathan said and heard Brad chuckle. He shot him a dirty look and turned back to Elliot.

“Forget about it. You can make it up to me by setting me up with your assistant.” he wiggled his eyebrows. Nathan laughed leaning back into his seat. The sky over their heads began to get dark and Nathan couldn’t wait to get back to Candice. He would give her the good news and tell her just how much he loves her. He would grab her by the waist and won’t let go until she said it back.

Nathan closed his eyes leaning back his head, thinking about living the rest of his life with Candice Heart. The picture of her and a red hair girl bounced in his mind and he smiled. That’s what he wanted. Waking up to red hair splayed across his pillow next to him would warm his heart every morning. She would be the reason for his every breath.

“Drive faster” he said to Brad.

“Oh of course sir” Brad replied sarcastically. Nathan chuckled and went back to sleep.

Candice paced back and forth hating herself for having such a big mouth. She shouldn’t have said ‘I love you’ to him. She was stupid to think that after only a couple of weeks Nathan Balfour would fall head over heels for her. Candice swore she had seen it in his eyes. Maybe she was wrong. Maybe it was just about sex for him. How could it be so?

Candice was sure that Nathan wasn’t playing with her but he couldn’t even meet her eyes. He right out ignored her. Her feet began to throb and she looked down to see that they were in fact swollen. With an irritated groan she plopped down on the nearest chair. Laurin and Anthony were out downstairs, probably sharing dessert; while she sat there reading too much into what probably was a one night stand.

Her gut couldn;t be so far off though. Closing her eyes Candice tried her best to escape the endless tunnel of pain and sighed.

“I still love you, you jerk” she mumbled to herself.

There was a knock on the door and she got up without a moments thought. Anthony and Laurin were in their honeymoon period and needed to stop swapping saliva at least until they were safe enough to be seen outside. She walked over with determination and a smile on her face.

“It’s about time you got back” she said and her smile faltered as she took in the large form standing right behind the door. Candice swallowed the lump in her throat and clenched her teeth.

“Candice darling. Good evening” Aiden eyed her and she back away from the door unable to do anything else. “Sit” he ordered. Candice stood in her place watching his every move. He walked past the door and walked closer, as if stalking his prey.

“Aiden-”

“I said sit!” he said his voice escalating. Candice cringed and sat down on the couch. She clasped her hands over her lap. She wanted to seem in control and poised. She didn’t want to seem scared, Aiden seemed like the man who took great pleasure in fear. He took a wooden chair and brought it over to her and sat right up front.

“How are you Candice? You seem a bit pale.” he sneered. His hair was slick back as always. He tugged on his Italian cut coat and leaned forward meeting his beady eyes with her green ones. Candice could smell the scotch on his breath. He surely took his sweet time downstairs drinking before he came up to get her.

“I’m just peachy.” she told him. He chuckled and leaned back.

“No you’re not. Candice tell me where is your lover?” he asked.

“I don’t know.” she said in a clipped tone.

“Oh but you do.” he said lowering his voice. Candice met his eyes head on and bit her tongue from telling him a thing or two about his horrible breath.

“I don’t know Aiden” she sneered. He shot up from his seat grabbing her hair.

“You do not address me by my name” he yelled at her tilting her head back. Her hands went around his. She winced as he tugged on her hair harder. “You’re his bitch, you know exactly where he is. If you want your pretty little head attached to that delicate neck of yours, I suggest you tell me where he is!” he threatened. Candice glared at him with pure hate and he jerked her head back. “Talk!” he yelled. Candice spat on his face, still fighting for him to let go of her hair.

“Bitch!” he slapped her across the face and she let out a painful yelp but didn’t cry. She licked her dry lips wanting  so much to say something but again she kept quiet. Candice could taste her blood as she sucked in her lip.

“I will never tell you where he is” She grinned. Aiden clenched his jaw and fisted her hair tighter in his hands.

“I have a better idea.” he sneered and Candice heard the door latch unhinge, and the door opened. Candice’s heart caught in her throat.What if it was Anthony? or Nathan?

*************************************************************

Who do you think is about to walk into the trap? What do you guys think so far? We're getting closer and clsoer to the end! Hope you guys are enjoing it. Thank You so much and don't foget to vote and comment! <3