Chapter 20

"Shelli, can you put the plates on the table for me? Dinner is ready." 

   Jolene is making dinner for us. She's actually a pretty good cook.

   "Yeah, I will."

   "Thanks."

   I hear Linebeck, Ciela, and Leaf talking in the other room as I get the plates out of the cupboard. I have no idea what they're talking about, though, so I don't bother listening. I set the plates on the table, making sure I don't break one, because it has happened before. Jolene calls everyone to the table, and we all sit down.

   Jolene starts the conversation. "So, what did you two do while you were gone?"

   Line explains everything, except for the parts where he wasn't there, such as the temple. I have to explain that.

   "Well," I start, "Um, it was hot, and there were  monsters, and... uh, I got a boomerang. Also I found Leaf. And realized that not all fairies are girls."

    Linebeck and Jolene apparently thought that was funny. Jolene snorts and then laughs, and Linebeck doesn't stop laughing for about a minute. Jolene calmed down a while before Linebeck. Then, Linebeck wipes his mouth on his sleeve, and continues to eat like nothing happened. 

   I begin the conversation again. "So, did anything happen here while we were gone?"

   Linebeck looks up for a second, and then goes back to eating. Jolene answers my question, though.

   "Well, they've added onto the schoolhouse, fixed the docks, and expanded the plaza."

   I didn't know the docks neede to be fixed. "Oh, that's good. I heard the bridge collapsed again. Did they fix that, too?"

   Jolene looks over at Linebeck, crosses her arms, and then looks back at me. "Yes, they had to fix the bridge again. But there's something your Uncle Linebeck wants to share." Linebeck looks up from his food at Jolene. He swallows, and clears  his throat.

   "Uh, there's nothing I need to tell you guys." Linebeck turns quickly to Jolene and whispers quite loudly, "Jolene this isn't important."

   Jolene turns to Linebeck and grins. "Yes it is. Tell them! Now!"

   Linebeck slowly turns to us and rubs the back of his neck. "Uh, well, I honestly hoped you guys would never meet her, but...we'll be having a guest."

   Line asks, "Who?"

   Linebeck pauses a moment before continuing. "Um, my sister."

A/N: Hey guys, sorry I just realized that that was probably extremely over dramatic. SOORRRYYY