Thieves in the Cold

Start from the beginning

"We're experiencing sone technical difficulties," a voice rang out from the speakers. "All lifts are down. We will get you off as soon as possible."

"No!" Regina shouted. It was bad enough that she had to ride up with Robin, but getting stuck with him?! Regina began to wonder if jumping from the ski lift would be less painful.

"So how did you and Emma meet?" Robin asked, trying to start a conversation.

Regina let out a small laugh at the memory. "She cut down my mother's apple tree with a chainsaw back in middle school. My mother banned Zelena and I from even speaking to her, but we always went out of our way to go against our mother's wishes. Emma's been our friend ever since."

"You've been friends awhile, then. I just met her last year, when we were freshmen. We had several classes together because we have the same major."

Regina looked over at Robin. "You want to be a cop too?"

Robin shrugged. "There was this kid at my school who always told me I couldn't be anything more than a thief. He was convinced he would become a high and mighty sheriff and be the one to arrest me. Everyone called him Nottingham. So I kind of want to get a job in the Secret Service or something to prove him wrong."

Regina shrugged. "I think you'd make a pretty good thief." She found herself studying Robin's beautiful blue eyes.

No! Regina mentally scolded herself, His eyes are not beautiful, he's annoying!

"So what are you majoring in?"

"Law. I'm not sure if I want to be a lawyer or, like, a congresswoman though."

"Ah," Robin nodded. "Well, I'd vote for you."

"You would?" Regina's eyebrows scrunched together and Robin laughed.

"Well, you'd make a better president than a lot of people, so I'd vote you into any office."

Regina's eyes flitted over Robin's charming smirk before meeting his own eyes. "And I'd hire you as security."

"Tell me more about your life before college," Robin requested.

"There's not much to tell..."

"No funny memories? No embarrassing stories of your friends?"

Regina but her lip to hold back a smile. "When I was in eighth grade, I had a friend named Belle. Her parents owned the town library, and Emma and I would visit her there after school and on the weekends. One day, in late April I think, we were outside. Emma found a four-leaf clover and I dared her to eat it."

"Did she?" Robin asked, very intrigued in the story.

"Yes, but not before finding two more so Belle and I could both eat one too. But Emma got sick and missed the next several days of school. Belle and I were perfectly fine. And that's how Emma found out she was allergic to clovers. But only when they're inside of her body."

Robin frowned. "That's one strange allergy."

"Well, she was also allergic to chicken for several years. Luckily, that allergy went away."