17. Realizations.

Brooklyn

"Are you done already?" I asked bored as I tapped my fresh painted fingernails on the light blue duvet of my bed.

"Not yet." Kelsey said in her concentration voice as she applied a second coat of lip-gloss over my lips.

I stayed in the same position for another five minutes, my eyes closed due to my boredom. If I had somewhere to rest my head, I'd be sleeping.

"Now, I'm done." She announced, running a brush along my nose as a final touch-up.

My eyes shot open to meet a very excited Kelsey looking expectantly at me. I stood up and walked to my full-length mirror, taking into everything that displayed in front of me.

"Wow." I whispered, my eyes gleaming in happiness at the sight of the girl that looked back at me.

"You look gorgeous, B." She appeared beaming behind me and I smiled big at her through the mirror in return.

I run my fingers through the length of my blonde - and now straightened to perfection - hair and suddenly a frown etched across my face.

"Do you think Justin will come?" I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Why wouldn't he?" She furrowed her eyebrows slightly and a trace of a smirk appeared on her pink lips.

I shrugged. "I don't know..." Of course you know but you don't wanna tell her what happened in the car. My conscience made her smart remark. I ignored it.

"You've been seeing each other all week, haven't you? At your brother's soccer practice, I mean." She confirmed. "And you're getting on well, it's not being awkward."

"Yeah I guess." I silently sighed so she wouldn't notice.

I wouldn't say it's not being awkward.

"Would you do it again?" He asked and for a minute I froze.

I felt my blood rushing to my cheeks but the dim light of the car made it go unnoticed by Justin. Maybe the fact that my face was buried in my knees helped too. He let out a soft chuckle at my shyness but the urgency was still palpable in the air.

Would I kiss him again? Of course I would, in a heartbeat. Upon realizing this, I panicked. I shouldn't be thinking this. This is wrong. Brooklyn, you're stupid.

When I looked up, Justin was staring unblinkingly at me. I opened my mouth to reply but I couldn't articulate a sound. I was still debating whether I should lie or tell the truth. If I lied, I knew I was gonna hurt him but if I told the truth, I was gonna screw everything up. This decision, even if it looks simple, was crucial.

Taking a long breath, I shyly nodded. My eyes were fixed on the dashboard but I wasn't really looking at it. Justin didn't say anything so I spied him from the corner of my eye.

"Was that a yes?" He asked tentatively.

I nodded again and buried my face in my knees once more, feeling utterly embarrassed.

Justin's laughter echoed through the new car, making me look at him with a puzzled expression.

"What's so funny?" My voice finally came out, though hoarse and slightly annoyed. Why is he always laughing at me?

"The fact that you're embarrassed by admitting it." He stopped laughing but kept a cocky smirk on that pretty little face of his. "It's not a sin. If it makes you feel better, I'll tell you that I'd kiss you again too."