22. Beaches & Bitches.

Justin

I stopped the car, parking just in front of Brooklyn's school entrance. I grabbed my denim jacket from the passenger's seat and opened the door, stepping into the cold street. I strolled around the car to the side of it that faced the sidewalk, leaning against the door and putting on the jacket while I waited.

Stealing a glance at my golden - and obviously stolen - watch, I saw that I had at least another five minutes left until the classes ended. I dug in the pocket of my jacket to get my pack ofcigarettes and slid one out, holding it between my lips while I made the end burn with the lighter. I smoked it calmly as I waited for the bell to ring and for the students to start coming out.

People passing by stared at my car and murmured, probably commenting on how cool it was and how much they would want to have to one like this. I smirked to myself in satisfaction. And to think I didn't spend a penny on it... I'm quite the boss when it comes to stealing. What can I say, I've had my practice. It's funny how it's something I'm proud of.

After a couple more minutes, I finished my cigarette, throwing the butt to the pavement and stomping my black Supra on it. Guess how I got those.

Just on cue, the bell rang and students started coming out of the building. It was pretty big, at least 6 floors tall, and looked old but new at the same time, if you know what I mean. The first ones that came out looked too young to be on Brooklyn's year and a few girls glanced my way and giggled. Yes, that's the effect I usually have on women, no matter what age. I ignored their flirty smiles, rolling my eyes. Sometimes, having so much attention from the feminine gender is overwhelming and annoying, believe it or not.

After a lot of unknown faces, I recognized a tall boy with stupid blonde shaggy hair and stupid blue eyes, surrounded by a group of other stupid guys I had never seen. My jaw clenched and I gritted my teeth, remembering the prick that made my gir- I mean Brooklyn, cry. He spotted me and his stupid smile vanished, but I did smirk evilly at him. The basket ball he was bouncing in his hands escaped his grip and came rolling on the floor towards my foot, which instantly caught it. I could see him swallowing hard. Do I really look that scary? I lifted the ball in my left hand and started making it spin with just my index finger, like my dad had taught me. His friends gaped and began cheering, completely oblivious to the tension Nate was feeling. They even examined my sports car jealously.

They made their way towards where I stood, still leaning against my car, making my smirk and excitement only grow bigger. Maybe now I can give the douche a piece of my mind.

"Man, that's so cool. How do you do it?" A short guy with dark hair and skin asked. Nate kept eyeing me warily, like he was trying to see what my intentions were.

"Just practice. It's easy." I shrugged, switching my eyes back to the short boy. "We could play a friendly game someday. I can bring some friends, what do you say?" Good idea, Justin. I mentally patted my back as they all nodded happily whilst Nate sighed. They don't know who they're playing with.

"Do you want your ball back, Nathaniel?" I asked in a fake nice tone, smirking at him. We were about the same height but it was hard to tell with him standing so far away from me in fear. If only he had known what I was really capable of, he wouldn't even still be there.

"It's Nate." He muttered, reaching his hand to grasp the ball.

I chuckled. What a horrible name, his parents clearly hated him even before he was born. "Whatever." I moved my hand so he couldn't catch it. His friends took a step back, noticing something was wrong between us. Pussies.

At that same moment, I heard a giggle and looked in the direction of the sound to see Brooklyn coming down the stairs with Kelsey by her side. Kelsey noticed me and nudged Brooke, who immediately turned her head my way confused. She was wearing her kaki parka with jeans and those Esquimalt boots I don't know the name of. I actually hate them but they do seem comfortable and warm. Maybe I should get ones? Just kidding.