Chapter 8 - Garroth

I had been looking out the window, and I guess it was my imagination but I thought I saw someone aiming an arrow at us. But who would do that?

"Never mind," I said, moving attention back to Aphmau. "What were we talking about again?" I asked, placing my arm by side.

"We were joking around about how you blushed when you saw me in the chair," Aphmau answered, covering her mouth probably to stop from laughing. Wait, I don't remember blushing.

"I wasn't the one who blushed! You were when I asked if you were watching me sleep," I pointed out, making her slightly laugh.

"I know, but it would've been funnier if you went along with it. Just you thinking you blushed when you woke up with me beside you," Aphmau was trying to hold back even more laughter and I knew it. She had started biting her lip to even keep her mouth shut.

I chuckled slightly and went closer wto the window. Just to make sure, but, like I had asked myself before, who would shoot an arrow at us? I had to stop thinking about that, maybe it was Zenix and he had found something. Although I had no idea what he would do with a bow, he has terrible aim.

"Helmet Head?" Aphmau asked looking up at me, I hadn't noticed this before but she had hazel eyes. I chuckled, she even calls me that when I'm not wearing my helmet. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I brushed off whatever that was in the forest away. I noticed bags under her eyes. "Did you get any sleep last night?" I asked.

"No," Aphmau mumbled, her hand went to the side of her arm. "I couldn't stop thinking." She paused. "I couldn't stop thinking about you."

"W-what! Aphmau I thought we were done with the jokes," I stuttered slightly, kind of surprised that she said that. I did actually think that the jokes were done.

She started to laugh, her hand now covering her mouth once again. "I-I'm sorry." Aphmau managed to get out even if it was muffled by her hand. "But it's true, you kept me up all night with the question I asked you."

I nodded, so it was about the question she asked me and not me in general. Well I guess it is a way. "I should probably get going." I announced. "I have to cover for Dale again probably, he gets drunk a lot. That and he now has a son that he has to take care of."

Aphmau nodded. I grabbed my helmet and slipped it on. Aphmau decided to leave with me. Although she went a different way, I went towards the small plaza. It only had a few shops, there was this one girl that had been there since it was built. I think her name is Zoey or something but she sells fairy lights.

I went towards Dale, he had been lying down on the ground. His arm in the air and a few bottles of Root Beer beside him, a few empty and one half full. He really needs to learn to stop, he's a father now.

"Garro, I love you," Dale muttered as I lifted him up. His breath smelling like Root Beer.

"Yeah, you tell me that every time," I sighed. I helped him over to his small house that he shared with his wife, Molly and Brian, his son.

"Where was he this time?" Molly asked as I walked in the small living room.

"Plaza, about five empty bottles and a half full one," I explained handing Dale over to Molly.

She nodded and brought him inside, this would probably be the thirtieth time that I've had to bring him home.

Sighing I looked around, Aphmau was near still fixing the path. Behind her was trees, a lot of them. But there was something else in there, something shiny. An arrow, pointing right at Aphmau. I raced to get in front of her before the archer let go, who would want to shoot her. Everything went in slow motion for a bit before I felt pain in my back.

"Garroth!"

*unedited

I didn't put a song because I didn't really listen to anything while writing this. Hope you guys enjoyed!

~Netti