Chapter 4 - Garroth

I knew Aphmau wasn't asleep when I had walked through the door. Her eyes were open, the moon's light was bright enough to see that. Since she was my guest I sent her to my room, there wasn't really anything up there that I liked to hide, rather than myself sometimes. I don't know why she wasn't asleep, but the couch wasn't that comfortable. It did have cuts from when Zenix was practicing inside my house, he wasn't that bright when he was younger. 

I had gotten up early, but I was used to it. That and I had to wake up at six for my next shift, but I got back at eight since Zenix took over and when I got back Aphmau was still asleep. Well, she was awake when I got back. I was a bit glad, I could take off my helmet for a bit. I don't exactly trust her yet, I just met her. But from what I saw what she did to the well, or village bath I couldn't really tell, she's a nice person.  

I got up and put on my helm, casually walking towards the kitchen afterward. I might as well make some breakfast for her, though, I won't be able to stay long. Maybe for a bit but not too long. I'll make pancakes I guess, everybody likes pancakes. Right?

A few minutes after a few pancakes were done I heard the creaking of my door from upstairs, she's awake. I've got about two hours left, that should be enough to finish making the pancakes and eat, maybe talk to Aphmau a bit. Get to know her a bit more. I barely know her and yet I let her sleep in my house. Maybe Zenix was right, I'm too kind. I heard a soft bang and a softer 'ow', what did she fall down the stairs or something?       

"What, do you sleep in that too?" Aphmau asked from behind me, making me laugh a little. 

"No," I answered, picking up a pancake and placing it on a plate. "I had to get up at six for my next shift." I paused. "That and Dale's wife just had a baby so I had to take over for him. Hope you like pancakes."

"Are you kidding! Who doesn't like pancakes?" Aphmau screamed, almost breaking my eardrums.

I handed her a plate and went over to the table, which Aphmau found perfectly fine. I sat down, in silence Aphmau ate. I just sat there, staring at the wall behind her, gosh, what am I doing? Sighing I closed my eyes. I heard Aphmau get up and opened my eyes, wow. She had already finished her pancakes. 

"Are you going to eat?" She questioned, walking towards the kitchen sick. "Unless you ate already."

"I ate when I woke up, don't worry," I answered her. 

It was silent for a bit. "Do you always wear that?" Aphmau asked I guess she's full of questions. She's probably talking about my armor, she's only ever seen me with it on. 

"Most of the time," I let out a little chuckle. "You could say I live in the thing."

This made her laugh. "Well, from what I see you do."

I was smiling, which I rarely did. Of course, she couldn't see it though. It was hidden under my helmet, like most of me was. Zenix and all the other villagers only knew what I wanted them to know, not how I'm the next in line to take over O'khasis. There were many things they didn't know. I softly sighed.

"You should probably go get that," Aphmau announced, making me a bit confused. "Someone knocked on the door."

I slightly nodded, which was probably hidden from my helmet, and got up. Heading towards the door I saw Zenix peek his head in the window. I hadn't even heard him knock, I was in my thoughts though. I slightly opened the door, which Zenix just pushed open the rest of the way. He was like that, he was practically my brother.

"Did you see the well, it's all fixed! And there are no villagers in it!" Zenix exclaimed he seemed to get excited about things easily since he went out a bit before Aphmau came. He excitement always surprised me too.

"Yeah, I saw it when I was out on patrol last night," I said, still having the smile on my face from when I talked to Aphmau. "Aphmau did it."

"Well, tell her to be careful. If she continues this the villagers may start calling her the lord, and we all know what happened to the old one," Zenix had gone serious. 

I nodded. "She's here now." And with that, he left. Leaving me just at the door, my hand on it. Making me seem like I had let in a ghost or something. 

"Hey what was that all about?"

Hey guys! So I have a question for you guys. Which cover do you like better? The old one with new writing or the new one I made? I let you guys decide since I don't know myself. Hope you enjoyed!

This is unedited.

Bye!

~Netti