Chapter 10- The Storm

A/N: enjoy this really long chapter and please, please vote/comment thoughts! <3

Annie's POV

I'm really excited because today we're going to go for a ride on the new boat. It has two floors and a slide on top of it. I run downstairs to find Hayley and my parents in the kitchen. "Hey guys, can we have a picnic lunch on the boat?" I ask my mom. She agrees so I pack some of our favorite snacks. "I talked to Mrs. Jill and she said that you can go over to their house for dinner tonight and spend the night" my mom says. "Yay!" I scream. I look over at Hayley and she seems disappointed. I feel kinda bad about always being at someone's house and never with her. Hopefully she doesn't mind. We put on our new summer bikinis and board the boat and let the dogs jump on behind us. I run to the ladder and go up to the top floor. "I love it so much!" I say. We continue to go further in the water and eventually eat our picnic lunch on the pop up table. After we're done, Hayley and I decide to jump in the water. "Let's jump in on three," I tell her. "I'm scared, Annie."  I grab her hand anyways. "It will be fine" I say. "One...two....three!" I scream as we jump in. The water fills my ears and I kick up to the surface. Hayley and I get back onto the boat and spend the rest of the afternoon having fun. When we return home, I go into my room and begin to pack my overnight bag. "Hey, you know there's supposed to be some bad thunderstorms tonight..." My dad begins to say. Man, I hate thunderstorms. Everyone knows I have astraphobia. "I'll be fine. I'll be with Katie," I say. He gives me a questioning look. "I promise!" I say as I continue to throw my shoes into my bag. "Alright. Mommy is waiting to take you to Katie's in the car when you're ready," he says. I nod as he walks out of the door. I will be fine, though. I'll be with my best friend. I sling the bag over my shoulder and run to the car. When we reach Katie's house, my mom gives me a hug and kiss before I go inside. I run to their front door and walk inside without knocking because that's just normal for Katie and I. I go into Katie's room and find her on her bed. "Hey," she says and pops up then hugs me. "Hi, what do you wanna do?" I ask her. We both agree to go on her trampoline. We run outside together and begin bouncing on the trampoline. "Crap! I just remembered I have my math tutor today" she says. "Oh...well what are we gonna do?" I ask. "Is it alright if you just stay here? My mom is going to take me, but you'll be here with Ryan and Brennan; my dad's at work-if that's alright," she says. "That's fine," I say as we continue to bounce up and down. 15 minutes later, it's time for her to go her math tutor. "I'll be back soon," Katie says as she gets in the car with Mrs. Jill. I feel something wet hit my forehead and I look up to see that it's started sprinkling. I rush into the house before I get soaked. When I come inside, I find Brennan and Ryan laying on the couch on heir phones. "Hey guys," I say awkwardly. "Hi" they both say without looking up. "I'll be in Katie's room, she's at her math tutor" I say as I walk into her room. Neither of them say anything. Last time I saw Brennan he was actually laughing and having fun with me, and now he won't even look at me. Stupid Bethany (I just lol(ed) at that ok back to the story). I sit on Katie's bed and play my phone. All of a sudden I hear a big lightening strike (and see it) and I jump off the bed and scream. Thunder rolls soon after. I feel my heart start to beat faster. "Annie!" I hear the boys say. Both of them run into the room and I feel embarrassed. "Are you alright?" Brennan asks me.  "Ye-yeah," I say. "Go call mom and dad and check on them" Brennan says to Ryan. Another lightning bolt strikes. I jump a little and look out the window, scared. Brennan is about to say something when the tv starts beeping. "SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING. TAKE COVER. POSSIBLE TORNADOS COULD FORM" it says as it beeps. I look at him worriedly and he puts his hand on my back as we go downstairs. Ryan follows us not far behind. All three of us sit in their extra bedroom downstairs on the floor away from the windows. The thunder crashes again and I whimper. I put my head in my hands and feel tears start to form. "Hey, it's ok" Brennan says. I look at his eyes then all of a sudden the lights flicker and everything turns black (and I shriek once again)."Looks like we lost the power" he says. "Ryan?" He asks. I look over and can make out Ryan's silhouette on the floor, asleep. "How is he asleep?" I ask between sniffles and Brennan just laughs. A big lightening streak strikes again and I begin to cry more. I wish I was at home. He puts his arm around me and I tense up a little bit. "It's alright. Sorry, Annie. I wish I could help you more. I don't know what to do or say" he says. "It's fine. I don't know why I'm such a mess about storms. It's just...I don't know. A fear," I say. "Are Katie and your parents alright?" I ask changing the subject. "Yeah, Ryan said they're taking shelter at a nearby store," he says. "Is there going to be a tornado?" I ask even though he doesn't have the answers. "I'm not sure, I don't think so. We'll be fine" he reassures me, patting me on the back. And the butterflies are back...I just can't help falling for him, he's so perfect. I'm starting to feel kind of tired and I lean my head on his shoulder. "Is this alright?" I ask nervously. "Yeah" he says. "It's perfectly alright." I feel my heart flutter a little at his words, and the next thing I know I'm asleep.