Chapter 1 - In the Crowd

I don't know how wattpad works... bear with me yeah?

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Chapter 1 - In the Crowd

"KENNEDY! KENNEDY!" I hear my name being shouted. Ugh! Can't I get some sleep?!

"What?!" I yell back.
"Come down!"

I check my phone to see its 6 am on a July morning. Are you kidding me? I hop out of bed anyway and go downstairs to see my step mom, half sister and her friend in my dad's office. "Is there a reason I was awoken at 6?" I ask.
"WE GOT TICKETS TO THE ONE DIRECTION CONCERT!" shouts my sister Trinity and her best friend, Anastasia.
"You're also going to drop them off to dance class," says my mom.
"Ugh okay, can I shower first?" I ask.
"By all means."

***

The concerts tomorrow and my mom and dad said I have to chaperone the two girls. Yippee for being 17... I have a life you know?!

My phone rings as I scroll down Facebook.

"Hello?"
"Kenn? Oh good. I thought you were working."
"Not now."
"Cool so are you excited about that One Direction show? Can you believe some girls actually cry and stuff when they meet them?"
"Yeah, I don't even understand."
"Anyway, text me details after okay?"
"Yeah sure."
"Oh gotta go, Keller's picking me up, bye!"
"Bye."

I check the time: 9 am. I gotta go to work.

***

My phone receives a text as I'm working, slow day.

Gracie: Hey, I want a free latté.
Me: You wish.

Soon, Gracie, my best friend who called earlier walks in, hand in hand with her boyfriend. Keller is rude, disgusting and a total jerk. But obviously Gracie doesn't see that.

"Hey guys, what can I get you?" I ask.
"Caramel Macchiato, two of them, one venti and one grande," says Keller.
"Keller, I can order for myself," says Gracie.
"I wanted to be romantic," he says.
"$7.32 please," I say shyly.
"Keep the change," says Keller as he hands me a $10 bill.

I write Keller's orders on cups and his and Gracie's name. Then I make their drinks, off they go.

They spend way too much time together. I haven't spent a solid 10 minutes with my best friend for two years. She's either watching Keller's soccer practice or spending time with Keller and his teammates. Never me.

"Stop day dreaming Kennedy, there's customers," says my boss, Valerie.

In comes in 9 guys... followed by a bunch of fan girls and paparazzi. No way...

After they stare at the menu for awhile, I wave my hand and ask if I can take their order. A curly haired brunette boy walks up. His green eyes contrast with his appearance.

"Yeah, um 3 venti mocha frappucinos, 2 venti Iced Peppermint mochas, 2 venti iced vanilla lattes and 2 venti Java Chips," he says in a thick british accent.

"Is that all?" I ask.
"Yes ma'am," he says.
"$32.50," I say.
"$50?" he asks.
"That's fine," I say, "your name?"
"Harry."

Valerie and I work on their drinks as another co-worker does the other orders. She whispers as I make the drinks, "that's One Direction."
"No way," I whisper.
"Yeah, can you believe you took One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer's Starbucks order? I would've died," says Valerie.
"I'm seeing them tomorrow," I say.
"With Gracie?"
"Nope, my little sister and her friend. Gracie's probably going to sleepover at Keller's like always."
"She's not worth it then."