✕ Prologue ✕

Yvonnie
Thursday
January 28th

I knocked on my roommate door, waiting to see who it was. It was the middle of my junior year and I just moved back to Louisiana. Now, I was attending LSU.

A lot of things happened while I was back in Florida. It was really hard for me to stay there. Probably one of the main reasons why I came back here. I'm just really nervous about being back here because Odell goes here and I don't want to bump into him.

After standing out for almost five minutes, banging on the door, I was about to leave when I heard someone call my name. I quickly turned around to see Giana walking my way. I gasped and sprinted to her to give her a big hug.

"Oh my god Yvonnie it's been so long since we've spoken or seen each other!" She exclaimed as we rocked side to side.

I haven't really spoke to anyone...I kinda went M.I.A...but I have a reason.

"I know! I know!" We pulled away and laughed. She looked at my bags then back at me with her mouth dropped.

"You're an official student?" I nodded with a huge kool-aid smile on my face.

"Then you must be my new roommate! I'm so sorry I kept you waiting." She went to the door and unlocked it with her dorm key. She opened the door and grabbed one of my bags and brought it inside. I took the rest and set them down on the floor then closed the door.

The dorm was decent. The two twin size beds were neatly set up with LSU bedspreads.

"Your bed is over there." She pointed to the side that was empty. I just nodded and sat back on it. GiGi hopped up on her bed and stared at me with both of her eyebrows raised.

"You know you have a lot of explaining to do...right?"

"Explain what? I'm confused." I obviously knew what she was talking about but I pretended to act clueless.

"Save that shit for Boo Boo the Fool Yvonnie." GiGi folded her arms and scoffed.

"Fine." I sighed. "I know I went M.I.A on everyone...but I have a reason!"

"It better be a good ass reason cause you left everyone hanging. Odell went into a deep depression. He beat himself up, thinking he did something wrong—"

"I had baby!" I blurted, causing her to stop talking and stare at me in shock.

"...You had a baby?" I breathed out and nodded in clarification.

"In my sophomore year, I went to this campus party and had one too many drinks with this guy I used to talk to. Next thing you know, I'm staring at a positive pregnancy test."

"Oh my god Vonnie. Why didn't you at least tell me?"

"GiGi, I was too scared and embarrassed to tell anyone! I had to move off campus and live with my grandma and that's how she found out! I walked into my classes, embarrassed because of my big pregnant belly! And you know what's the worse thing? The guy who impregnated me was a total dickhead. He denied the shit out of the baby. He told me I was "trying to trap him" and avoided me. I was so depressed and stressed out that I almost lost my baby. After I had my daughter, I went to school for a semester, and now I'm here." I explained. I couldn't help but to get a little emotional after explaining that to her.

"Aww, I'm so sorry Yvonnie! I didn't know all this stuff happened." She got off her bed and went to give me a hug.

I shrugged and giggled a bit, "It's okay. Delaine is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love her so much.

"Where is she now?"

"She's with Selena and Darryl." I replied.

"So how did they take it when you told them you were pregnant?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "They were really mad and disappointed. So was Loren and Maurice. But they knew I needed all the support I could get. I think they're slowly getting over it though."

"Can I see a picture of Delaine?"

"Of course." I pulled out my phone and unlocked it, going to my photo gallery. Once I found a picture of Delaine, I turned the screen to Giana.

 Once I found a picture of Delaine, I turned the screen to Giana

"She's so beautiful Yvonnie!" GiGi cooed.

"Thank you. She'll be one in July." I smiled and put my phone away.

"I'm definitely throwing her a bomb first birthday party." She said. We both exchanged a laugh.

When we stopped, I looked down and picked at my nails. "So um...Odell was depressed?"

"When you stopped talking to him...yeah. But he's better now. Well I think he is." She shrugged.

"I didn't mean to leave you all hanging like that. I was just...really depressed also." I apologized.

"I forgive you boo. You told to me why you did what you did and I totally understand. It's just cause Odell doesn't know all this stuff so he's thinking all the possible reasons why you stopped talking to him."

"Right. I wanna see him and tell him everything...but I'm scared of his reaction."

"And that's the thing. You never know what you're going get out of Odell. He may take it lightly, he may take to the heart. But you'll never know until you tell him." She explained to me.

"That's true GiGi. Thanks for the advice." I thanked.

"No problem girl. Lucky for you, class isn't until Monday. So let's start unpacking then I can go show you around." She suggested and grabbed my bags.

Welcome back my beautiful readers! The prologue is completed! As you can see, this isn't same plot I first started out with. I feel this one won't be all over the place like the last one. I hope you guys will enjoy this plot better though. Share your thoughts in the comment section and show some love.