She walked to where he was kept, and turned invisible before she reached his sight. She saw him, completely clueless. He just stood in the cell, pacing slowly. He halted as if his train of thought had stopped or reached a conclusion as well. He was facing opposite of Beau, and she walked over.

He was standing close to the glass, and she was now standing directly in front of him. It still shocked her how people looked right through her, how she was totally and completely invisible. After a couple seconds, she turned back.

She thought Loki couldn't get paler, but he did. He was as white as paper, utterly scared at Beau's sudden appearance. She couldn't help but burst out laughing.

His face went from startled to mischievous.

"Are you lost, child?"

Beau laughed more at his attempt to minimize her. She would never live down the fact that she had just scared the shit out of a god.

"I know exactly where I am. And actually, I want to know why you're here."

"Excuse me? You and your circus captured me."

Beau sneered. "You and I both know you let us take you. If you wanted to, you would've killed us."

Loki stayed silent.

"Or are you really that incompetent?"

Loki's smirk disappeared from his sickly face.

"You mean to tell me about incompetence? How can you speak of such a subject when you're a part of it?"

Beau grinned, unfazed. "I'm impressed at how mature you are, Loki. Turning the insult back to me. Nice, definitely haven't had that happen before. I'll have you know that I've had my fair share of imbeciles like yourself."

"Have care how you speak, brat. I'm nothing like anyone you've ever encountered before. I am a god-"

"Yeah, yeah, a god." Beau interrupted. "A severely psychologically impaired god. Now, I'm no psychoanalyst, but I know for a fact that you're heavily fucked up in the head."

Loki stood still, internally fuming and shocked at how much courage the girl had speaking to him like that. She knew if she didn't have her powers and he wasn't trapped in the cage, he'd crush her skull in a heartbeat. But she had the upper hand; even if he wasn't captured like that, she still had her shield.

"You're an audacious one, aren't you? It'll be enjoyable when I get out of here and snap your neck."

Beau snickered. "That's it? You'll only snap my neck? Doesn't seem too enjoyable, you know. That's quite a quick death. I would've thought you'd be into something more violent."

Loki was irritated and how quick she was to retort. She seemed almost cheerful when he threatened her, and he knew deep inside that she'd be harder to beat than the rest of the Avengers. She had great advantages.

But to Beau's surprise, Loki smirked again, then spoke up.

"Something tells me you're stronger than the rest of them."

"Is it my snappy comebacks? Or this?" As she said that, she turned invisible. She saw the small glint in his eyes, of sudden surprise.

"Is that your best trick?"

"That?" she scoffed, and held her invisible hand out. "Of course not. This is." The violet energy drained out of her hand, into the air. Of course, to Loki, it was just the substance that he saw. She turned back, all of her visible now. Turning her shield on, she grinned. "This, too. But you've already seen that enough times." She turned her shield off, and her energy poured back in her hand, disappearing into it.

"And you? You can clone yourself, but you're nothing without that spear. You think you're "Real Power", but I know that deep inside, you're just a pathetic, immature psycho with daddy issues who leeches off the pain of others to make yourself feel powerful and superior."

He cackled loudly. "You don't know anything. You don't know what's coming. You've never seen anything. War, violence, death. You think what took place in Germany was frightening? You don't know what's next. All you will see is blood, and it'll be that last thing you see before you die, before I end you!"

Beau stopped smiling and stood quietly. Loki seemed satisfied with his words, having frightened her. He knew she was young and inexperienced, and even though she was tough, she was weak at the same time.

Beau took a deep breath, and Loki's attention was back on her. He waited for her to start crying, or for her to leave. Instead, she only said one thing before turning on her heels and leaving the area.

"Well, let me know when you get out of the cage, so you can follow through on that."

After she was gone, Loki stood where he had the entire time, more surprised than when she had shown him his powers.

She really was tough. Tougher than anyone could imagine.

***

i'm sorry that's such a lame ending but i couldn't think of how else to end it. Anyway, i watched captain america civil war and obviously i have a lot of motivation to write this now!! let me know what u guys think of it so far!! i love seeing comments for real!! anyway, i plan on writing a lot of chapters soon and keep consistently uploading :-) but thanks !!! lemme know what y'all think!!

ALSO I know I said in the second chapter that Beau was only a sophomore but I'm changing that (because of character development and whatnot) so for the sake of this story and future stories (👀😏) she is a junior (around 17) at the beginning of the story... But, she was recruited a while ways before the New York thing with Loki, so she'd now be around 18 or a little older. That seems old, but to the rest of the avengers, she's still a kid, basically. Anyway that was just something I wanted to update and inform you guys on but thank you all for reading !!! I plan on updating soon :-)