12. We're Good We're Solid We're Gold

Start from the beginning

As for our relationship, it's hard to put a label on it at the moment, we're acting as though we're together but in all reality, we're still not a couple. Just trying to figure out we're we are and taking it one step at a time, but I like what we have right now and I'm not complaining.

I step out of the shower and wrap my hair in a black towel that I hung by the shower door, I then took the other teal towel and placed it around my body before walking out of the restroom and to the closet to find something to wear.

I pulled down an olive colored dress from a hanger and placed it on the bed, going to the dresser then pulling out a pair of undergarments and a strapless bra. I threw the wet towel into the hamper and placed my bra and panties on before slipping into the dress.

It was loose fitting with spaghetti straps and ended mid-thigh, being just a bit on the short side but whatever it's hot outside. I then retreated to the bathroom and let my hair down from the towel, blow drying it till there were no wet strands left before twirling pieces around a curling wand to give the bounce I wanted.

Once my hair was finished I began to apply my makeup going for a simple look again with just neutral eyeshadows and a thin winged eyeliner, two coats of mascara and some nude lipstick to finish it off.

I looked at my reflection and smiled before going back to my closet to grab my now favorite beige ankle booties that had a small heel, they were so cute, and when I saw them I knew I had to have them.

I placed random pieces of jewelry on including some gold bangles, dangle leaf earrings, midi rings and a long chain necklace with a gold leaf hanging on the end. I grabbed a pair of beige sunglasses from my collections of sunglasses.

Pause, you know that movie the Princess Diaries? Well in the second movie her grandma, the queen, shows her the closet in her room and one of the drawers are organized with nothing but fashion sunglasses? Well that's practically what Jaime did with my sunglasses, because I have so many.

I grabbed a beige bag from my purse rack and stuffed my phone and wallet inside before shutting the lights off and leaving the room after spraying myself with some perfume.

I walked into the living room and took a beige boho wide brim hat off the coat rack and placed it on my head finishing off my look completely.

I snatched my keys off the counter and walked out the door and to my car that was parked under the car port in front of our building. The second I stepped outside of our door though, I was hit with instant heat, I could literally feel the sweat forming within seconds.

I skipped down the steps and unlocked my car, getting in then putting the keys into the ignition turning it on and hearing the engine roar to life.

I pulled the car out of the parking spot and began my way to the café I used to work at, hoping the same people I knew were still there. When I had left Jaime, I called Sarah and let an apology fall from my mouth before anything else. I explained to her what happened and she understood, which I was thankful for to say the least.

The last time I spoke with Sarah and Alex, I was just out of the hospital from having Lilah. Sadly, we lost touch and I'm hoping that surprising them today will make up for it.

I drove into the parking lot and found a spot in front, seeing Alex's Jeep parked off to the side along with Sarah's black Chevy right next to it.

I smiled and got out of my car and placed my purse across my body since it was a cross body bag then walked the short distance to the door, opening it and being met with cool air and the smell of food.

"Hi, how many?" A young girl looking to be the age of twenty asks as I look around for my two crazy friends.

"Um actually can I speak with your manager?" I ask, catching her off guard as if I were going to make a complaint.