Prologue: Rejecting Love

Legolas slammed his chamber door behind him, locking it as he flew to his bed and fell upon it with a heave. His mind was racing with thoughts of Tauriel and his father Thranduil. His heart ached and throbbed. He had been sure that Tauriel was the one until Kíli the dwarf came and swept the Captain off of her feet. He had hoped he, the son of the cold Sinda Elvenking, would be able to marry happily after so many years of loneliness. But he was wrong, more than he believed he could ever be. "I'll never find my match and experience love. Never. Just like Adar-nín told me. I shouldn't even try for it."

For an elf to deny love, one of their most cherished emotions, meant they had abandoned all hopes and dreams and intended not to live, and thus fade away to the Halls of Mandos. That or live a lonely, meaningless existence for eternity. Legolas considered both tragedies.

Thranduil later entered the chambers to find them empty and bare, with a single note from his beloved son.

I shall find Strider
-Legolas

"Oh, Legolas, what have I done?" He sighed, crumpling the paper and shutting his eyes as he sat down on the bed and inhaled, "Stay safe, my greenleaf... please."

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this story and please comment and let me know what you think!

~UILOSRIS