Territory {Legolas PoV}

I grin and twine one hand and fingers through Erthanist's damp locks, pulling out with gentle care the love knot I previously wove as I use my other to caress her rosy cheek, kissing her very sweetly on her lips. She combs through my own hair with her slender fingers and dismantles the braids she made, her arms circled about my neck.

This wasn't happening a few minutes ago after we'd both finished preparing Asfaloth to return to Imladris. We had started doing each other's hair and it developed into this romantic interlude. Well, I started it to be truthful. I was quite playful when she began to braid my hair.

"Legolas, we should stop.." She finally breathes, releasing me from her arms and inhaling deeply. I nod and step back, agreeing.

"Indeed. That was a bit much for this stage in our courtship." I admit. Erthanist opens her mouth to speak but we both hear very subtle movements from the dense underbrush, not enough for a human to notice but enough to grab our attention. I grab my bow and arrows while she retrieves her knives, both of us alert.

I press Erthanist behind me as I edge forward towards the movement, drawing back an arrow, ready to let it fly. Finally I pounce and release the projectile. It slices through the air and finds a living target, "AGH!"

I pry apart some of the growth and discover an orc clothed writhing upon the ground. The shaft is in his shoulder. Unfortunately there are five more with him. My eyes widen when I figure out what type of men these are, "Orcs!" I shout to Erthanist, expecting a response, "Erthanist?"

Out of the corners of my eyes I see Erthanist throwing one of her knives into the forest, the blade a silver arrow darting across the clearing, embedding itself into the chest of an emerging orc, "I'm alright!" She assures as she retrieves the blade and moves to attack again. I take out the six I found and rush to her side. Asfaloth whinnies and begins to buck, taking out a few with his strong hindquarters and hooves. I grip Erthanist's wrist and pull her closer to the horse.

"Stay with Asfaloth. You've only your knives against Eru knows how many orcs, and you're wounded."

"Fine." She consents after a defiant pause. I kiss her hard and reload my bow, aim, then strike down a couple more as they stream out of hiding like the spiders in the Woodland Realm.

"We need to get out." I whisper when the arrows in my quiver rattle too much. She hurls a dagger over my shoulder into one orc then slings one backwards, pinning another coming up behind Asfaloth.

"Agreed." She rasps, her breathing labored. I hoist her up onto Asfaloth then leap on behind as the gelding lunges into a gallop. I continue with my bow until the arrows are out, then I take out my daggers. Erthanist leads Asfaloth through the thickening mass of orcs.

"Focus."

"Hold on."

"Whoa!" I gulp as Asfaloth increases speed, nearly unseating me in the process. Erthanist chuckles and reaches back enough to kiss my cheek.

"Oof!" Her laughter is cut short when a spray of slingshot pelts her. I attempt to pull her into the safety of my arms but instead she does not hesitate to ignore them despite the minor injuries already afflicting her.

"Let us make haste!"

"Yes, I know."

I wrap one arm around her waist and continue slaying orcs with the other. So much for a romantic moment.

Please tell me what you'd want to see! This story is almost over and I need ideas! Thanks!

~Uilosris