Equestrian Meeting

After I cleaned the horse poop off my shoe, I went and found a spot among the other riders. I sat beside a girl with long dark hair in a ponytail, who looked my age.
"Hey! I'm Becca!" She said. Who are you?"
"I'm Raleigh." I answered.
"Love the name! Are you in grade 10?" She smiled.
"Yeah, I transferred here this year." I said a little cautiously. My trust with RA students a little weary.
"Cool, cool. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Just whatever you do, avoid Mia and Gavin. They are super mean and always target the new people. The usual is that Gavin acts all nice to the girls and then they somehow prank the poor girl, sooner or later. And, if it's a guy, Mia sweet talks them and then Gavin does the pranking. All while they pretend to hate each other." She rolled her eyes.
"Becca." I laughed. "They already did that to me. Gavin walked me to the stable and then opened the door for me. Right into a pile of horse poop."
"Oh my goodness, are you ok?" She asked, eyes wide.
"Yeah I'm fine. I'm used to stepping in horse manure. I own a horse."
"Of course." She laughed and apologized. Then a tall woman with a blonde bob  came to the front of the room.
"Ahem, could I have your attention, please." Everyone went silent.
"Welcome to the stables. I am Miss Anneli and I am the equestrian coach. Today we will be going over rules and expectations, dates for testing, and the sorts." She said, holding a clipboard. "There will be absolutely NO pranking allowed in the stables, no horsing around." Everyone laughed. "I didn't mean that to be funny. " she raised an eyebrow, holding back a smile. She went over the other rules and expectations. Such as only giving your horses to the groomers to put away once a week, unless with other permission. No lateness, and other things.
"The first day of testing will be tomorrow during your scheduled lesson times. Grade 7's at 3pm, grade 8's at 4pm, grade 9's at 5pm and 10's at 7pm. You all have the schedule. May I make it clear that the grade you are in does not effect what team you will be placed on. And that is it for today. You may return to your lunch break now. See you at lessons today." She left the room and most people followed. Some stayed in the room chatting. I grabbed my bag and started to leave.
"Hey, Raleigh. What's your number?" Becca asked me.
I told her my number and said goodbye. Then I walked carefully back to my next class.
After all my classes I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling. Why would Gavin and Mia do that. Why are they so mean? I thought. He seemed like such a nice guy.
A door slam interrupted my thoughts.
"Oh my goodness Raleigh! I'm so sorry! I should have warned you. I thought they were done that already-" she rambled.
"Kyra?" I asked, confused.
"I heard about what happened to you. I can't believe they are still doing that. They've been doing it forever."
"It's fine, really. It was just horse poop. But how do you know?"
"It goes around school Raleigh." She said quietly, looking at her lap. "Everyone knows."
"Oh well, it's not a big deal. I just stepped in some horse manure which could happen any day at the stable." I reassured her. "Come on, I want you to show me around campus."
After the tour, I decided to message my friends before I went for my very first lesson.
Raleigh20 to EmmaGoodness87, KilahBunt, MoriahQ, and 3 others:

Oh my goodness! Rallington Academy is soooo cool! Talk about classy! They have amazing stables, awesome teachers (most of them) and classes. They even have restaurants and a few stores on campus! No huge stores, just the necessities. But it's super cool. You guys have GOT to come to Open Campus!

KilahBunt: it sounds amazing! I have to come! I'll gotta check with my parents tho. Grounded rn. 😭

EmmaGoodness: Replaced me yet? 😂

Raleigh20: Oh Kilah 😂 your always grounded. Replaced? Not yet. But my roomie is super cool and a girl at he stable seemed nice too.

HorseGirl1: But I'm forever your horse BFF right? 😂 lol

Raleigh20: of course Sierra! Gtg to my lesson now! Ttyl

I turned off my phone and got my riding clothes on. I had to look fantastic for my first lesson.
"Bye Kyra!" I called.
"See you! You'll rock that lesson." She said from her desk. I walked slowly, partly dreading and partly super excited for my lesson. I knew Gavin and Mia would be there, and I didn't want to face them again.

Remember to take a few seconds to like, comment and vote! What do you think about Becca? Is she genuine or will she turn to be a Mia/Gavin groupie? Comment your thoughts below!