Chapter Two

Entering my house after kissing Chris goodbye I felt completely exhausted. Going towards the kitchen where I could hear noise coming from I stopped in the doorway to watch Granny pull some brownies out of the oven. A smile made its way onto her face when she saw me but it soon left and a concerned look replaced it.

"What's wrong? What happened?" She asked as I came closer. She pulled me into her arms as soon as I was close enough. Granny's hugs were the best. They always made me relax and feel like everything was going to be ok. When she finally released me, she placed her hands on my shoulders and gave me a look that said tell me everything. And that's what I did, I told her everything. By the time I had finished I was eating the brownies on the table with Grams and Grammy who had entered as I retold them everything I had found out today while Granny baked more.

"How could Jane not tell us they were coming? She had to have known in advance. There's no way she didn't." Grammy spoke when I finished.

"Now that I think about it she was acting off for about a week before we left." Grams stated causing my other two grandmothers' and me to look at her shocked.

"Surely she hasn't known for a month." Granny said sounding horrified and appalled.

"I wouldn't put it pass her. She would do anything to get her Amelia back in town even if it meant lying to us. No wonder she was so happy to know we were going away for just over three weeks. She knew I had already caught onto her weird behaviour. She knew if we stayed she wouldn't have been able to hide it much longer let alone three more weeks." Grams explained taking a brownie for herself as Granny put something in the oven again before coming to sit down next to me.

"It doesn't matter if she knew or not at the moment. What matters is the position she has put Solstice in. She is the one that has to clean up this mess the Blake's have started. Like our families always do. There is not a generation of Blake's that hasn't caused trouble that we haven't had to clean up and this time its Solstice that has to do it." Grammy said sounding more and more angry with every word she spoke.

"I cannot even believe Amelia has even come back after all these years. To think she even has the right to return after what she caused." Grams spoke sounding angrier than I had ever heard her be.

"Jacnith!" Grammy and Granny both said. You could hear the warning in their voices. I just felt and probably looked at her confused. It was no secret that none of my grandparents liked Amelia Blake. They tolerated Jane and the relationship had got better over the years but I knew whatever agreement they had just shattered because of her daughter coming back. I never knew what the problem was between them. Whatever it was I knew it was not going to be resolved any time soon. That I knew for definite. Along with the fact that the reason behind it could be led back to Amelia. I never knew what she did though. While none of my grandparents lied to me and avoided keeping secrets as much as possible, if there was a secret I knew it was never good. We told each other everything no matter what; but they would never tell me why Amelia Blake was not wanted back in Chance Harbor.

Grams looked at them hearing the warning as well. She nodded before looking at me. She sighed. "You know we never want to keep anything from you Rivera and if we do its only to protect you." I nodded, the situation just got more serious in my eyes as Grams used my first name. I never used it, nobody calls me it anymore after I started to go by one of my middle names. "We will never treat Amelia's children any different than we would treat any of your friends just like Jane treats you the same as everybody else." She carried on looking determined and concerned as she spoke. "But the fact remains that Amelia should never have returned. Her children fine, but not her." Grams stopped pausing like she was trying to find the right words. 

"What Jacnith means Rivera is that Amelia is not welcome here anymore. Not after what happened and Jane should have told us so we could have stopped it." Grammy took over making Grams give her a small smile.