Chapter Twenty

~ Anna ~

~ Two Months Later ~

"How does it go again?" Liam asked Anna as they sat in front of the piano.

Anna was trying to teach Liam how to play her favorite song, but  it wasn't going so well. "F sharp, then D flat." she reminded as she guided his fingers to the correct keys.

"I can't do it!" he threw his hands up in the air with a smile on his face.

"Try again," Anna laughed before bringing his hands back down on the piano.

Before Liam can begin playing again, his phone rang. "Hello?" he asked once he brought his phone to his ear. "Alright, I'll be there soon," he ended the call, and looked at Anna with a sad expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" she asked  watching him intently.

"I have to go work," he answered.

"Oh, it's okay," she smiled. "We can try again tomorrow."

"Do you need a ride home?"

"Yes please,"

Anna followed Liam out with a helmet in her hands. Once they were outside, she put it on, and sat on the motorcycle behind hi. She held his torso tightly, fearing for her life. No matter how many times she rides that thing with, she always be afraid.

Anna smiled at the thrill the ride gave her. However once they reached her house, her smile fell. She found her father standing outside the house with the same man she saw the day she went to see Liam at Joe's Repair Shop. Her father took a double take at her, and Liam. He had a huge scowl on his face as he stared at them. "What in the name of God do you think you're doing?!" her father asked as he marched up to them.

"Busted." Liam whispered in Anna's ear once her helmet was off.

She rolled her eyes at him, and looked at her father. "He was just giving me a ride home." Anna shrugged trying to explain, but her father refused to listen.

"That is no excuse!" her yelled causing people to walk out their homes to see what all the yelling was about. "You could've called me!"

"Dad, I'm fine. It was just a ride." Anna said. "And you know Liam. He comes to church every Sunday!"

"You and I both know that the only reason why he comes to church is because he's suppose to, or he'll get thrown in jail again. He still drinks and smokes!" he yelled once again.

"But, daddy-" her father cut her off.

"NO BUTS! I FORBID YOU TO SEE HIM EVER AGAIN!" he yelled at Anna. He turned to Liam next. "Get your junk off my lawn, and never come here again!"

Liam turned around, and put his helmet on. He started his motorcycle, and drove away. Not giving anyone a second glance. Anna sighed, and walked towards her house. She passed by the man, and study his face. He was very pale, and it looked like he was going to throw up. Anna just gave him a small smile, and walked in. As she made her way up the stairs, she heard her father say, "You could've been the one to say that. Instead you left her all alone with no one to turn to. You're lucky I was here."

What is he talking about? Anna thought as she closed her bedroom door. What does he mean " You could've been the one to say that."? What's going on here? Who left me alone? More importantly, who is my father?