Whatever it Costs.

The next day I was awoken by the sound of banging on our front door. My mother was gone, so I had to hop out of bed and answer it. I looked up and saw the sheriff of our town standing right in front of me. "Are you Emily?" He asked. "Y-Yes sir, I am. Can I help you?" I asked. There was a detective standing next to him. "We just have a few questions to ask, Miss. Can you please let us in?" The detective asked. "Sure." I said. They both sat on the couch, and I pulled up a chair in front of them, but I kept my distance.

"A little over a week ago, were you involved with some kind of incident? A stabbing incident, if you will?" The detective asked. I gulped, and didn't speak. "Miss, it'd be a lot easier if you just answered the question. No one's in trouble yet, so you're safe to answer this question. Yes or no?"
"Yes." I finally answered. A tear flew down my face. I couldn't believe this was happening, I couldn't believe this was actually fucking happening. All I wanted to do was find my brother and make sure he was safe, but instead I'll probably get thrown into the county jail.

"What role did you play in this situation?" The detective asked. "I don't know, I guess I was the subject of why the stabbing happened. I haven't been able to find my brother in weeks and I think those 2 boys are the one's who have him. I went to try to get some information and made them mad. One of them tried to slit my throat, but he was stabbed before he could succeed, sir." I said.

"Miss, did you know these boys prior to the disappearance of your brother?" "Yes. One of them is the brother of my boy- my best friend." I caught myself. They didn't need to know exactly who he was to me. "Okay." He was writing things down on paper. "Were you the one who stabbed the boy?" Did he seriously need to ask this question? "No, sir."

"Do you know the person who did?" He asked. I didn't know what to say. I felt like any answer I gave, was gonna screw all of us. I didn't wanna lie in this situation. Something this big was definitely gonna come back and bite me in the ass. I finally decided to speak after more than a minute. "I think I do... but I want to hear it from him. I mean, what if it actually wasn't him?" I asked. The officers went outside of the apartment and talked for maybe 5 minutes, though it felt like an hour.

"Okay. Here's what we can do. You gave us a few names, so we have that information. You need to get the information that you want and need, and we need a name within the next 24 hours. If you give us the name within 24 hours, you won't be in any kind of trouble. But if you don't have at least some kind of new information for us pointing in the direction of who this person is, you might be in just as much trouble as the person we're looking for, alright?" He asked.

I sighed. "Okay. I'll try to have that information for you by this time tomorrow." I said. "Have a good day, detective and officer." I said. "You too, Miss." They said, and left.

So the new problem... Getting Chris to admit what he's done. It's only morning, so I have all day to get it out of him. I put on a t-shirt and jeans, and headed towards the treehouse. And of course, again, Eyeball came up to me. "Ace, he's... he started bleeding internally. They don't think he's gonna make it." He said. I could tell that my face was probably pale and white. "How long does he have?" I asked. "A few hours, if even." "Okay." I said and walked away.

I walked faster to the treehouse. I ran after I was halfway there. I could hear that someone was up there, but I wasn't sure who. I listened closely to see if they'd cough or sigh or something.

He cleared his throat, and I could tell it was Chris. I climbed up the ladder and knocked the secret knock. He let me in. "You need to tell me." I said firmly. "I don't need to tell you nothin'. I didn't do nothin' anyway." "Oh, bull-fucking-shit. You know exactly what you did, and so do I. You need to tell me right now, Chris." I yelled. "I didn't do anything, Em." He protested.

I pinned him up against the wall of the treehouse. "Tell me!" I yelled even louder. He squeezed his eyes shut and started to cry. I pulled my pocket knife out and set it against this neck. I couldn't believe I was actually doing this to my own boyfriend. "Tell me. Did you do it? Ace is on his death bed right now dying with only a few hours left. I know you're the one who stabbed him that night, you just need to tell me." I said.

He fell to the ground, but I remained standing. "If you would've just let me go with you." He cried. "I looked for hours. And when I finally found you, Ace already had the knife to your neck and it didn't need to go any farther than that." He put his head in his hands. I dropped my knife on the floor. "Yeah, I did it. Yeah, I know the cops are after me. Yeah, I know I'm gonna be in a ton of trouble for this. But you're mine. I wasn't gonna let that asshole do anything to you, whatever it costs me. I don't care."

I knelt down in front of him. "A cop and a detective came to my house early this morning. They know I was involved. If I don't get some kind of information back to them by tonight... I'll be in just as much trouble as you." I said. It made him cry even harder. "I'm so sorry, Emily."

"What're we gonna do, Chris?" I asked. "You're gonna have to turn me in. Maybe if you turn me in now, the punishment won't be as bad. I don't know. It'll be okay, though, alright?" He lifted my face up. "I love you." He said, and kissed me on the forehead. I grabbed the sides of his face and pulled him in until his lips met mine. "I love you too."

A/N:

Woah, more than one chapter in less that 24 hours? Damn lol. Hope you liked this chapter, vote and comment if you did!

*Skin It and Stay Gold*