Was It True?

My mother sat in my bed for an hour or 2 and we talked. She told me about how the other day, a friend told her she should cut back on drinking, and actually watch Teddy and I grow up. Something clicked and she came home, threw all of the alcohol away, and hasn't wanted it since.

"We're gonna find Teddy, okay?" She told me. "It'll happen." "I know." I smiled. She kissed me on the forehead. "Get some sleep. Good night, Emily. I love you." "I love you too, mom." I said, and went right to sleep.

A week went by and I didn't leave the apartment once. Chris didn't come over to check on me, or to even sit on the balcony. I felt like I was starting to lose hope. Teddy was probably already dead. I bet they never fed him. The thoughts filled my mind. I had to get out of the house. I didn't care where I went. I just needed out.

I decided to go on a little stroll in the park. I was actually having a nice time until of course... Eyeball came up to me.

"What do you want, Eyeball?" I said in a calm voice. "Can we please just talk? I have some things to tell you." He said. "We can sit on this bench and talk, but that's it." "Okay. Well... Ace is still alive." He said, and my jaw dropped a little. "And if you don't believe me about Chris stabbing him... Ace will tell you himself. He's at the hospital right now."

"Whatever. Let's just get it over with. Bring me to the hospital." I said. I didn't believe hardly anything he said. There was a slight chance that Ace was alive, but that's all I believed. I mean, there was no way that Chris would kill anyone. He was the sweetest soul I ever met.

We finally made it to the hospital... I couldn't believe that Eyeball actually took me to a real hospital... That meant it was real. Ace was alive. I shook a little walking up the stairs and into the room.

I slowly walked up to his bed. "I wanna hear it from you." I said. He wasn't awake. I kicked a leg of the bed. "Wake up. I wanna hear it from you."
That startled him awake. "What?" "I'm not saying it again. I wanna hear you say it." I was already ready to leave. He sighed. "Chris is the one that stabbed me. I managed to look up a little right after I hit the ground. It was him."

Tears gathered in my eyes. I haven't seen him in over a week. Maybe it's because Eyeball came last week and told me about what had really happened." I started to cry. But then anger took over. "Or maybe you guys are just full of shit as usual." "Emily-" "No, don't 'Emily' me, Ace. I'm out of here."

I didn't know what to believe. Was it true? Maybe. Did I want to believe it? Hell no. This was killing me. I had to find Chris. I needed to know the truth. I needed to know it now. Sure, I understood that he did it to save my life, but does he understand what he could be dealing with if the cops find out?

I went to his house. Something that I had never done before. Teddy told me that his house was terrible. His parents were always fighting, and Chris was constantly getting yelled at for something. I knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. Still no answer. I looked around the outside of the house to see if I could see where Chris's room was. There was a window open. I peeked inside to see what was definitely his room.

I opened the window all the way so I could climb in. It seemed as though he wasn't there, so I decided to stay until he was home, if that would be ever. I looked around. He had a picture board on his wall. It had pictures of him with the other 3 guys. There must've been 20. But then... at the right side of the board, I saw a picture of me sitting next to Chris. Gordie must've taken it of us one of the times that he saw us together. I thought it was sweet. We were looking at each other and laughing. So no wonder I didn't see it taken.

I happened to look at his bedroom door. It was busted in. Oh no... does that mean that he actually did do it? What if he was already taken away? Before I could even say goodbye? I sat on his bed and cried. But then I heard a thumping sound near his window. Chris climbed in with a pack of cigarettes and a coke. But then he saw me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. "Why's your door busted open?" I asked without answering his question. "Oh shit." He walked over to it. "Answer my question, Chris." I walked over next to him. "I don't know." "Bullshit. Tell me. I need to know the truth." He was making me beyond mad. I didn't know what to do anymore. "I don't know why you're asking me this, Emily. I don't know why the damn door is broken. Get off my back, Jesus." He said. "Whatever you say. Glad you've been helping me look for Teddy instead of hiding 24/7." I said sarcastically.

"What're you gonna do now that your door is busted?" "I don't know, probably just go stay at the treehouse for a while since obviously my parents and/or the police are out looking for me. They'll probably check back here soon." He said. "Well I'm going home. You got yourself in some kind of mess and i don't want to be a part of it, alright?" I was playing dumb. I was pretty sure I knew exactly what he did.

A/N:

Hey! Do you guys like that I'm actually updating at least once a week? Lol. Hope you like this chapter!Sorry it was kinda boring lol.

*Skin It and Stay Gold*