Give Me a Chance, Chambers.

I sat on my bed. A second later, I got up and started pacing back and forth. I tried to sit back down, but did the whole thing all over again. There was pressure on my chest. I was mad at everyone, and I wanted to cry. It didn't help that I didn't have anyone to talk to. What if Teddy really hurt Chris? What if Chris had a blade and killed Teddy?

In the middle of my sobbing, I heard my door squeak very slowly. I looked up. Chris walked in with a black eye, a cut lip, and his arm still bleeding. I was about to get up, but he took a step back in fear.

"Chris..." I stood. "At least come sit on the bed. I'll be right back." I said, and went to get the first aid kit. When I got back, Chris was sitting on my bed. Fear in his eyes, quick shivering breaths. I gently sat down next to him. "This'll sting." I said. I soaked a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and put it on the cut on his lip. He grunted and squeezed his eyes shut.

He looked deep into my soul with that fear in his eyes. He looked like he was about to cry, and also looked so passionate at the same time. I couldn't tell. "Come on, Chris. Talk to me." I put an ice pack up to his eye. He must've wanted me to hold it there, because he didn't grab it himself. "Your arm is gonna hurt like hell." I soaked another cotton ball and dabbed it on the cut. "Shit." He whispered and squeezed his eyes shut again. I actually saw a tear come down his face. That's when I really started to feel bad.

I started to clean his lip up a little more. "Are you gonna talk to me, or should I just stop trying?" I asked. He broke eye contact. "Fine then. I'm gonna tell you what's happened to me. Like, when you asked if something like that had happened to me before, alright?"

"There was this guy that was in 8th grade when I was in 7th. He HATED me because I was a 7th grader, but he was amazingly gorgeous." Chris rolled his eyes in disgust. I was kind of glad though, that meant he cared. "I was hanging out with friends one night and he happened to be there. He came up to me and asked if I wanted him to get me a drink. Of course, I said yes, even though I had already has a couple. A couple minutes later, he came back with this purple drink. It tasted awful, but I decided to chug it anyway. A couple seconds later he said 'You're fucked.' And grabbed my arm... I don't remember much after that."

Chris looked away, and closed his eyes. "I'm not finished." I said. "The next thing I do remember, however, was kicking him away from me. We were in the back of my friend's house, outside. Then he pushed me up against the house. That's what triggered me, Chris. I'm sorry. I yelled 'rape' so many fucking times before someone actually heard me, I'm pretty sure people could hear me across town. My best friend came out and threatened his life if he didn't go home." I sighed. "Almost a victim of date rape. That's why I freaked out... You'vepal gotta wait for me to come around, though. Please... Give me a chance, Chambers." Chris shook his head. "Yes, Chris. Come on. Stop." I sighed. He shook his head again. "Whatever... Keep this ice pack to your eye." I smashed it up to his face.

He lightly put his hand on mine, the one holding the ice pack to his eye. He guided me to take it off of his eye. With that same fear and passionsloOoq n in his eyes, and although he looked like he was about to cry, he laid me down on the bed. He kissed my neck several times, and then brought his lips to mine. "I don't want this to go any further than this." I whispered. "I know." He whispered back. That was the only thing he said to me that night.

I eventually had to break the kiss. "You should leave soon. I'm sorry." I said. He nodded. He hugged me one last time before climbing out the window.

I started thinking about the night with my friends. All the stuff I didn't tell Chris.

*flashback*

"Jesus, what the hell did he give me?' I asked. "What color was it? My best friend asked me. "Purple." "Oh! That had Xanax in it." "Why are you acting so normal about all of this!?" I snapped. "Cause I was the one that put it in there, stupid!" She laughed. I looked around and gathered my thoughts. I needed to stop hanging out with these people. "I'm walking home. Don't follow me. I'm done hanging out with you guys." And I left.

*Back to present*

I didn't want to tell Chris that part. But it was the real reason I never really did anything anymore. I left my group of friends, and became nothing. But it didn't bother me. It was okay. And anyway, Teddy's friends are better anyway.

I laid in my bed. No one was home. Mom didn't come home as usual. Teddy was probably too pissed to ever see me again. But he had to. One day.

Author's Note:

I really really really like writing this one tbh.❤️ Just the way he only said like 2 words yet listened to her sooooo much just ahhh❤️❤️ had to do the cliché "put title into chapter" lol

Please vote and comment if you like!❤️

*Skin It and Stay Gold*