5

Phil hadn't even touched Dan since the incident. He had stared at him during every class, though, and he never looked away until it ended. He was honestly starting to freak Dan out.

They were in math right now as they waited for the teacher to come in. He could feel Phil's eyes burning into the side of his head, and he decided he had had enough. He turned and looked at the boy, and he immediately looked away, pretending he hadn't been staring.

"Why the hell do you keep staring at me?" Dan inquired, looking at Phil intently. The boy refused to return Dan's stare, looking ahead as if nothing had happened.

"I don't know what you're talking about, loser." He responded calmly, still keeping his attention directed at the floor. Dan rolled his eyes as he decided to drop it, resting his cheek in his palm and turning towards the front.

He knew they couldn't ignore this forever.

Xx

Dan shuffled through his bag as he walked down the street towards his house, trying to locate his earbuds. All people had talked about today was him and his new...soulmate. Dan was used to fake rumors being spread about him, but Phil obviously wasn't, considering how he hadn't said a word in a week.

Dan finally found his earbuds and clicked them into his phone, turning on a random song as he zipped up his backpack and threw it back onto his shoulder. He shoved his phone into his pocket, directing his attention back on where he was going.

And then he realized that he was on the road, the blare of a car horn confirming his surroundings. Dan turned to see a car trying to slow down as to not hit him, but it was going fast; too fast to stop.

Dan squeezed his eyes shut, preparing for the worst. What he wasn't preparing for, however, was for a strong pair of arms to wrap around his waist and pull him.

Dan opened his eyes to see the car speeding away down the road, and he felt a strong pair of arms around his shoulders as he pressed his face into the person's chest.

He pulled away to get a look at his savior, and he felt his heart drop dead.

"What the hell, Phil?!"

Phil stared down at him in surprise, and Dan wondered why he wasn't angry. He didn't blame Phil for being shocked, though; He had just saved the kid's life, he hadn't really expected this as a thank you.

"What?" He asked, cocking his head slightly, causing Dan to fume. Was this some kind of joke?

"Why the hell did you save me?" He questioned. "I thought you, of all people, would like it the most if I died."

For a second, he could of sworn he saw a pang of regret on Phil's face, but it disappeared just as quickly as it came.

"Just look where you're going, loser." And with that, he was gone.