Chapter 32: The Weeping Willow & Lehlani

Mulai dari awal

Jane ran towards the tree, and I followed in pursuit

Jane ran towards the tree, and I followed in pursuit. "Race you there,"I yelled, and passed her.

"That's not fair,"She chuckled, as we reached the tree. I laughed, and sat down underneath the tree. I patted the spot next to me as Jane sat down.

"I must admit Jane, you've lost your touch,"I teased,"You used to be faster than me. What happened?"

"I had kids,"She laughed, and hit my shoulder. Jane leaned against my shoulder, and I looked out towards the river. 

"Jane,"I paused, and she looked up at me,"Why did our family have to be so corrupt?"

"I don't know Cole,"She replied,"I don't know, but at least we have each other." I wrapped my arms around her, and kissed her forehead.

"I love you Jane,"I sighed.

"I love you to baby brother,"She smiled.

Carter's POV

I woke up early, and decided to let Natalie sleep. Any other morning, and I would've woken her up. I slid out of Natalie's grasp. I walked out of the room, and heard little feet running around the living room.

When I entered the living room my mom was holding Dalton, while Sierra and Katrina were chasing each other.

"Dada,"Katrina squealed, and ran up to me. I picked up both of the twins, and walked over to my mom.

"Hey mom,"I smiled, and kissed her cheek. I set the twins down, and they ran off. I plopped down on the couch, and ran a hand through my hair.

"How did it go?"She asked, and sat down next to me. Dalton reached for me, and I grabbed him. I bounced him on my lap, and he giggled with joy.

"We won,"I sighed.

"That's great, but why do you seem so down?"she frowned.

"Where do I begin?"I huffed,"My son and daughter are in the hospital. As well as Kayden's friend Sean, and Manny's dead." My mom put a hand over her mouth, and tears filled her eyes.

"Does Lehlani know?" She sniffled.

"No, I'm going to go over there soon though,"I replied, and glared at Dalton who was drooling on my pants. "Oh and I almost forgot,"I blurted,"You remember Cole's dead brother Jameson?" 

"Yes. Bless his heart,"she whispered.

"He's alive,"I paused,"And a surgeon." My mom put her hands to her head, and rubbed her temples.

"This is too much on your old mother,"she chuckled softly. I was going to say something, but a voice spoke up.

"Are we going to see Lehlani?"Natalie's voice rang out. I turned toward her, and nodded.

I looked back at my mother, and asked,"Do you think you could watch the kids a bit longer?"

"Sure I love the little Rugrats,"My mom smiled, and I handed her Dalton. 

"Thanks mom,"I smiled, and stood up. Nat and I ran upstairs, and changed. Once we changed we headed downstairs, and out of the house. I got into the driver's seat, and Natalie got in the passenger seat.

"Are you ready?"Natalie asked, as we cruised down the highway.

"No,"I sighed,"To be honest, I don't even know what I'm gonna say."

"Just take it slow,"She stated, and touched my arm.

"You know this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do," I admitted,"And I have delivered a lot of bad news."

"Well Manny was really important to you,"She added.

"That's true,"I sighed, and pulled into Manny's driveway.

"You know after all of the years I've known Manny, I've never met Lehlani and I've never been here,"Natalie admitted

"Well Manny likes to keep his gang life as far way from his family as possible,"I clarified, and got out of the car. We walked up to the front door, and I knocked.

We waited a few minutes before an all to familiar face answered. Lehlani.

"Carter? How are you?"She asked

"I've been better,"I admitted,"We need to talk."

"About what?"She asked. I took a deep breath, and looked her in the eye.

"Manny,"I answered, and she motioned for us to come in. I'm not ready for this.

__________________

I'm not ready for this either Carter. Sorry this took forever, I had to rewrite this chapter.

In the next chapter Carter tells Lehlani what happened to Manny, and Cole and Wesley have a heart to heart......Kind of....

Anyway, have a great day/night

Please Comment & Vote