“That's just wonderful.” Valery mumbled under his breath. Cho bent down with a swab and picked up a small portion of the eye ball. He put it carefully away in a plastic tube and into his pocket.

“We should take this back to Paul, maybe he's found something. Or better, Annabelle has said something.”

“I doubt that,” they started to leave the room. Valery was happy to get some fresh air after being in that death smelling room for so long. Cho grinned a little, knowing that his partner couldn't stand the bloody room anymore. Valery pressed the button for the elevator and the doors opened immediately. As they started to head downwards to the lobby, the elevator went dark and stopped suddenly. The only light was from the flashing emergency sign. “What the-”

“Power out. It was starting to rain this morning.” Cho noted.

“This is why they always take the stairs on T.V.” Valery mumbled.

“Hah,” Cho started, grinning. He leaned against the elevator wall and crossed his arms in front of his chest, his usual stance. “Eleven floors? I don't think so.”

* * * *

Paul left about ten minutes before, saying he had some plan to help Seven escape the cell. He was taking to long, though. She was pacing back and forth from the bed to the toilet, until she heard rusty wheels squeak down the hallway. Seven stopped pacing and watched for whoever was coming down the hall. Paul popped his head around the corner. He was wheeling a trolley with a clean white sheet towards the door.

A guard opened the door again for him and closed it after he was inside. A couple utensils were laid out on the white sheet, she wondered why they were there. The officer disappeared and Paul started talking. “You're probably wondering what this is here for, well, don't worry.” He had started to ramble on, Seven couldn't follow what he was saying. She deliberately coughed and Paul stopped mid sentence. “Right, sorry.” he looked down at his hands for a split second, holding out the apology. Seven wondered whether he had a short attention span or he was just nervous.

“Well,” Paul started up again. “The guards will have a shift change in five minutes. So, while they switch, I'll start walking down the hall. Then, 'Oh no, I forgot something!',” he mimicked his own voice. “And run back to get it. The guard will want to leave, so I assume he won't check to see if you're there. You will then hide under the white sheet and I'll roll you to safety!” he giggled at his own lame joke.

The only thing wrong with that plan was that he was going off an assumption, Seven knew that. But it was her only chance to actually get free and finish her mission. She nodded her head once.

“Good, Well, now all we need to do is wait.”

* * * *

The lights in the elevator turned back on and the shaft continued downwards. Even though it had only been maybe ten or fifteen minutes, it felt like a whole life time. “Looks like we're back in business.” Cho said, standing back up straight.

The elevator rang and the doors slid open, exposing the Detectives to the lobby, which was no longer crowded with people. Valery and Cho hurried out of the building and to Cho's car. Outside, clouds covered the sky, only dimly could they see the sun halfway through the sky on the other side. Valery could of guessed that it was about twelve, maybe one, o'clock, not only because of the sun, but also because he was starting to get hungry.

It was damp, and they knew that it would start to rain again soon. They climbed into the car and Cho started the engine. Started off onto the road, they hopped that maybe Paul had made some progress.

* * * *

Paul rolled the trolley out of the cell, the new guards had take their place. A heavy black guard closed the door to her cell and watched her until he was forced to look away as he was walking down the hall.