Winter Break

I woke up to see a person in my room, on the ground. I scream and grab my water bottle from next to my bed, and chucked it at the dark shape.  

"Hey!" Emma said groggily. 

"Oh!" I let out a sigh of relief. "It's just you!" I said, giggling. 

"Who did you think it was?" she asked.

"A... burglar?" I said.

"Sleeping in a bunch of blankets, on your floor?" she asked.

"Yeah- well... Shut up!" I said, throwing another water bottle at her while she laughed.

After a few minutes we went downstairs and made some breakfast. We grabbed our bowls of cereal and sat on the couch, then Emma turned on the show Dance Moms. 

We watched for a little until Emma asked me about life, which eventually turned into her asking about  Luke. 

"So..." she said, raising an eyebrow, "What's new with you and Luke?" 

"Well... " I blushed, "Actually yesterday he made a little private picnic for us at school. And then..."

"And then?" she asked curiously, sitting up and raising an eyebrow. 

"And then we kinda... made out." I said.

"You did?" she asked, grinning hugely.

I bit my lip and nodded. 

"Wow! I'm impressed." she said, leaning back. "Was it good?" 

I nodded a lot and said "I hope I was good." 

She laughed and gave me a few pointers until the boys walked downstairs and we both shut up immediately. 

Then, when we were all sitting on the couch, suddenly my phone, Talens phone, Nicks phone, and Dylans phone all buzzed and lit up.

I checked it immediately. It said  

"YOU are INVITED

to the FIRST party of Winter Break

@ Mackenzie MacIntosh's house

10:00 p.m

21453 Spark Court 

See you there!"

I looked up from my phone with a huge smile. The others looked up pretty happily too. Then they saw my face.

"What?" Dylan asked. "You got invited to Mackenzie's party?  You're just a freshman!"

"But," Talen said "Her boyfriend is a sophomore and pretty popular. "

"And she is a Hastings." Nick said, smirking. 

Dylan said "Well, she's not going though, right?" and looked to Blake.

Blake said "Well..." and started thinking about it. 

Eric snatched Talens phone from him and checked out the invite. "Oh, wait. Kota can't go! It starts at 10 PM! Isn't her bedtime before that?" he said.

I threw my spoon at him and he caught it easily, with one hand, laughing. 

Dylan looked at Blake who was thinking and said "You're not really considering this, are you?"

"I don't know.." Blake said, looking away. 

I got down on my knees in front of him and say "Oh, please Blake! Please please please please please!"

He looked down at me smirking, "I don't know..." 

Emma waved her hand and said "It's just a party. Let her go." 

Dylan said "Blake, you remember how wild these party's got when you were in high school. Come on! And I don't wanna be babysitting all night!"

"I can take care of myself, jerk." I said, indignantly. 

"I say she should go." says Talen, smiling at me. 

Blake hesitated.

I said "Come on Blake! It's my first real high school party and everyone will be talking about it! Ill be really careful! And I don't have to stay till 4AM, maybe just like 2AM?" 

"Try midnight." Blake said. 

"So.... Can I go?" I asked, elated. 

"Will you text me if you have any trouble?" he asked. I nodded.

"Will you not drink anything alcoholic?" I nodded. 

"Will you not bother your brothers?" I nodded.

"Will you be home early?" I nodded. 

"And will you be very careful?" I nodded.

"So... I can go?" I asked. 

"Hmmm.... When is it?" he asked.

"Day after tomorrow." I replied immediately.

He thought about it for a minute. 

"I... guess so." he allowed, giving a small smile. 

"YES!" I yelled, jumping up and down on the couch. 

"Look at her!" Dylan said, pointing to me. "She's only a kid." 

I stopped bouncing and covered my arms over my mickey mouse pajama shirt defensively. 

Blake said "Don't worry, I trust her." and shot a smile at me. 

I ran over to him and grabbed him in a tight hug.  He actually trusted me with something for the first time ever. It was a miracle.