Chapter Seven

I walked out of the fireplace and was engulfed in a big hug. I hugged them back realizing it was George, Ron, and Ginny. When they let go, Mrs. Weasley and Mr. Weasley hugged me.

"Hello, dear. It's great to see you."

"It's great to see all of you guys, too!" I said, grinning.

"That's a very pretty outfit, Ashly!" I turned to Ginny and smiled.

"Thank you." I swept the soot off of my outfit.

"Ashly, your room is right across the hall from Freddie's and my room

"Ashly, your room is right across the hall from Freddie's and my room. Draco's and next to yours. Come on, I'll show you." George ran up the stairs with Draco and I following. I dropped my trunks in my room and Draco did the same. I walked out into the hall and saw George waiting for me.

"Are you ready?" He asked, glancing at me before slowly opening the door. I nodded even though he didn't look. We walked into the room and I softly closed the door behind me. I looked around the room and noticed it had been rearranged since the last time I was here visiting. Instead of twin bunk beds, there were two twin sized bed separated by a nightstand. Fred's bed was closer to the door, I guess so he was easier to get to. Fred looked over at us when the door closed.

"Hey, George. How are you? I noticed you haven't been sleeping in your bed as of lately." He sounded really hoarse. I guessed he hadn't noticed me so I kept quiet. We moved closer to Fred.

"I would've but mum has been strict about that. She says it won't do us any good to have me get sick to." I moved a little in front of George and then he added, "Oh, and guess who's here to see you, Freddie?" Fred looked over at me and then I could tell. He was very pale and he looked like he wasn't strong enough to do anything. He smiled weakly at me. He tried sitting up.

"Ashly? Why are you here?" Iran over to him and helped him up. I then scooted a chair closer to his bed and held his hand.

"Draco and I wanted to come and surprise you with a visit." I said, smiling at him. I heard the door close and I looked and saw George had left. I turned back to Fred. "How are you feeling?"

"Better now that you're here." We both laughed, well he more like wheezed. When we stopped, he continued. "A serious answer to your serious question is that I'm doing fine. I feel like I'm getting better everyday. I can't wait to be able to get back to pranking people. I hope I'm better in about four days, though." I looked at him like I was confused but I actually knew what was going on then.

"What's in four days?"I asked, faking curiosity. He rolled his eyes.

"Merlin, Ashly! You can't even remember your best friends' birthday?! What kinda friend are you?!" I giggled. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"A friend who remembers everything about her best friends' from what color is their favorite to their exact time they were born to what they feel toward other people. I haven't forgot, Freddie. Give me a second. I have an early birthday present for you." I walked over to my room and got the present. I walked back over and gave it to him. I helped him unwrap it and smiled at his gasp.