Chapter Two

Third Person P.O.V.

The morning of July 31, 1980, brought The Potter's great joy. It was two months after Ashly turned one and three days until the new baby's due date. Ashly had been walking and talking more. She could now walk, not great but still okay, and could say Mama, Dada, Uncwe Remy, Uncwe Siri, up, and down. Sirius was coming over to help watch Ashly as Lily had a checkup today. Ashly was on her back chewing on a teething ring, staring at the ceiling when she heard hurried footsteps. Thinking it was her parents, she ignored it as she was content and did not want to be disturbed. She heard the footsteps stop and whispering emerge.

"The Dark Lord has found where you live! You have to get out! I'll apparate everything to my house for now. Go ahead to your appointment. I'll get Ashly and the house elves." The whispering turned into yelling, "Go! Now!" A loud pop initiated that someone left. Footsteps came toward Ashly. She turned on her side and smiled at her Uncle Sirius.

"Hey, baby girl. We're going to take a trip, okay?" Sirius moved his wand and everything that was in the house disappeared, even Wonky and Bunny. He scooped Ashly up and apparated to his house. He set her up in a play pen that was kept at his house. He grabbed a camera and snapped a photo, capturing the moment. (A/N: Ignore the background of the photo.)

Sirius smiled before calling for Wonky and Bunny

Sirius smiled before calling for Wonky and Bunny. When they got there, he asked them to watch over Ashly while he got three guest bedrooms, which they happily agreed to do.

Sirius' P.O.V.

Severus told me The Dark Lord planned to kill The Potters since they were traitors. That morning, Severus sent me an owl stating The Dark Lord was on his way to The Potters' house. He asked me to keep them safe and watch over Ashly. I immediately agreed, given that he was our spy for the other side. Once I told The Potters' house elves what I was doing, I briskly turned around and walked up the stairs, ignoring the portraits of my ancestors' complaints. I walked to the second floor and went to the door on the left. I unlocked in and peered inside. I started sneezing as there was so much dust. Mind you, I hadn't had any guests for a while. I walked inside and determined it would be Ashly's room. I muttered a spell and waved my wand, the room clearing of everything. As soon as I deemed it spotless, I moved all of the stuff that was from Ashly's nursery at The Potters' house and rearranged it.

 As soon as I deemed it spotless, I moved all of the stuff that was from Ashly's nursery at The Potters' house and rearranged it