Chapter 31

Miranda's pov

"And now I am proud to introduce the winner of entertainer of the year my beautiful amazing talented daughter Miranda Aldean!" Dad shouts. I stand up shocked. I can't believe I won entertainer. Justin hugs and kisses me gladly. I run to dad and he hugs me tight. "I'm so proud of you hun." "I'm shocked." I say. He smilingly hands me the award and steps back. I stare out at the crowd of almost a hundred thousand if not more. "This is a great honor, one I've strived for for my whole career. And to be awarded entertainer by my dad it makes this moment a million times more special. Anyways first and foremost I'd love to thank my fans. They're the reason I get to do what I love. I know I can't shake hands with every single one of you but I love you all and thank God everyday to have such amazing fans. I wanna thank my record company broken bow and everyone who goes on the road with me every day. My perfect loving husband and the greatest family a scared little kid could ask for." I glance back at my dad with a huge smile. "Thanks for everything daddy." I say running to him. He spins me around. "You did so good baby." He says. Brittany and Justin walk up to the stage. Brittany kisses dad's cheek. "And that is our show folks!" He gasps, wrapping an arm around her waist.

Jason's pov

My oldest daughter is three months pregnant and it's still hard for me to imagine her being a mother and me being a grandfather. But I'll be ready when I need to be. We threw a huge party for her winning entertainer. My little Sierra went on to become the youngest president of the United States. I've never been so proud. "I've never felt so old." I whisper, staring at them both talking. I grab a beer and walk to the mic up front. I get everyone's attention. "A lot of things have happened for this young Georgia cowboy the last few months and I can honestly say you'll never see a prouder man in all your life. This song goes out to my perfect little girls who.... As much as I hate to admit it..... Aren't little anymore." I break into a Garth Brooks hit. I'm much too young to feel this damn old. It describes exactly how I feel right now. After the song, I say, "Hey get up here entertainer and president!" They both laugh and run up here. Mirandas holding her trophy in one hand and her three month along stomach in the other. Sierra smilingly hugs me and I hold both my girls. Brittany stands beside me. I gladly lace my fingers with hers. I never imagined getting married again after Jess but I'm certainly glad I did. She's the love of my life.

*6 months later*

I hold Brittany worriedly in my arms. Sierra got a break from work and came to the hospital. The doors open and standing there is my daughter and son in law, my little girl holding a little pink blanket. Tears unexpectedly come to my eyes. Her voice is shaky with emotion. "Mom, dad, Brittany. Meet your granddaughter. Erica Jane Moore." She says. Wow it's official I'm a grandfather to the most beautiful baby girl in the whole world. I shakily walk over with Brittany and Miranda's mom. She hands her to me, my hands shaking uncontrollably. I wipe my eyes, holding this adorable blue eyed little miracle. "Hey princess. Grandpa's gonna spoil you to death." I say, trying hard not to become a crying mess. It's still weird to think I'm a grandfather now but I am. The proof is literally in my arms. My mind flashes back to the first time I held my eldest daughter. When she fell out of the tree in my front lawn. She was so scared then. Nothing like the confident amazing young woman she is now. All grown up. I smile and kiss my granddaughter's forehead. "Welcome to the world little one." I whisper, gladly.

THE END