Chapter 9

Jac joined me two days later. Next day we went to office and I showed her around. After that we went into my office.

"So you are GM now. Not bad hmm......."

"Yes and you are my personal assistant. My dad left this company for me long ago. Now when I am back home, my uncle insisted on me joining this company and I insisted on you joining me. I don't have much time left. I want to utilise this time in best possible way so that when I die my soul can rest in peace. I want to make everyone happy even if it is for short duration of time." My emotions were flooding again.

"I understand. I will help you in every possible way. Moreover you offered me a job how can I deny that?" We both laughed together.

We heard a knock at my office's door.
"Come in."

"Hi girls. I am Harris Casey's uncle." He was staring at Jac while completing his sentence and his introduction was also aimed towards her.I cleared my throat at this awkwardness of staring and all.

"I am sorry she resembles too much to someone. I just can't ignore this fact. I came here to tell you that we are planning to launch a new clothing range which is suited for young generation like you. I am giving this responsibility to take over charge and get blue prints or designs ready for this in next board meeting which will be happening in next month. So get up lazy gal and burry yourself in work. We can have anything you want for this first project of yours." Harris completed all this in just one breath, I wondered which exercise he do for getting this much hold on his breathing. I was trying to focus more on my project then his breathing.

I called a meeting and explained everything to my unit and gave them a time limit of one week for getting fresh ideas for this new clothing series launch. I immersed myself completely in work from that day onwards. My headaches started to return too with at this stress. I ignored it as it was the only thing that could be done with it. Moreover, it was never unbearable like earlier. Somehow, it was enough to remind me that my death was approaching me in slow mode.

Four days later, Cherry my designed returned to me with some sheets in her hands. She stormed into my office without permission and spread those sheets over my table.

"Look, what have I brought for you little girl?" She was excited about whatever was on those sheets.

"This little girl is your boss you should remember this also. Next time you come in make sure you knock first." I was never mean to anyone my whole life but difference it make now, I didn't have that much long to live. Moreover, I didn't want anyone to take me for granted like everyone did in my past. "Now show me what you have."

She was startled a little by the way I behaved and started speaking, this time with a lower and sweet tone.
"I prepared these designs for you. They are all new and going to rock youth. Young generation is crazy about short and floral designs."

I cleared my throat and asked her to leave the designs in my office and make new designs.

Melisa our account department head came running to me like it was some sort of emergency. I asked her to calm down and tell me what was the matter.

"We are short of staff. I told this to Harris and he advertised about it in newspaper. We received like 1000 application and we have 40 empty spots. So we decided to select fair candidates through interview. The interview is due tomorrow. I called Harris for this. He is not picking his phone. I am in panic. Who is going to conduct interview if could not make it to office tomorrow. Help me Casey." She was the verge of crying by the end of her sentence.

"Don't worry Melisa I will talk to Harris once I am home." I assured her and she left my office as much quickly as she entered.

I talked to Harris about interview and he suggested me to conduct it in his place. I hesitated and denied. In the end we both decided to conduct it together.

Next morning we were all set and interview started at 10. It was going as usual boring till my eyes landed on next application "Tyler Cruz". My eyes widened in shock. Tyler came here for interview. Our company is one of leading companies in U.S. and I didn't see any reason for not making an appearance at interview with this company. He was also trying his luck like many others sitting outside and waiting for their turn. It was once in life time kind of chance. I looked at his grades and when I was sure he was getting selected, I called him in for interview and before he can step inside room I excused myself to washroom attached to conference room. I stayed inside washroom for about half hour and when I was sure that Tyler's interview was over I walked into conference room.

"Casey, are you fine darling? You stayed in washroom for quiet long. We can postpone interviews if you are not feeling well." Harris was concerned about me. Little did he know that I was doing all this to avoid someone.

"I am fine Harris. The washroom got locked and could not open it. Ummm.... Can you tell me what happened to the candidate named Tyler. I mean I was supposed to interview him but nature's call had me." I was nervous.

"He has good grades and I can't find any reason to reject him." Harris smiled.

"Harris I am little tired. Hope you can continued with rest of interviews alone." I stood from my seat and walked out. I was happy that Tyler was coming there. I didn't make plans to make him feel how I felt 9 months ago. I thought I need to make them soon. I smiled and took a deep breath before walking to jac.

A/N: Hi friends.
Tyler is finally coming to her. What will she do now and who is the girl Harris was talking about. Finally I am getting close to beginning of real fun.

Read and comment.

Stay happy.
Stay healthy.
Take care.