When Marco Is Sick

It's been three weeks since Star had started living with the Diaz's and she's noticed a few things that set the family apart from their neighbours. Most of the neighbours try to avoid Marco but his parents seem to make up for his loneliness, and now that Star has entered their life they seem even happier but she still feels like there is a secret behind Marco's door. Every morning she wakes up to a magical disturbance that comes from Marco's room but she brushes it off as magical radiation from the spells she had casted in there.
Today how ever she didn't feel the magical disturbance which unnerved her. Star walked out of her room to see Mrs. Diaz looking worried at the front of Marco's room. "Ah, Star! Rafael is going to drive you to school today." Star decided to speak her mind. "Why can't I take the bus with Marco?" She asked. "That would be because Marco is been sick since last night so he wont be going for a while, I hope you will be alright at school with out him." Angie said while trying not to cry. "Is there anything I can do to help you look after Marco?" Star asked but Angie just shook her head. "We've got every thing handled here, you can help by getting the school work he missed. Marco hates missing school but he has a very high fever." She said as pushed Star into the bathroom so Star could get ready.
Angie slipped into Marco's room. "Star's going to go to school so when she's gone we can go and cuddle in the living room. Just be patient for a little while longer, okay?" all she got back was a pained whimper that came from the cocoon of wings. Angie walked to the cocoon and rubbed one of the wings and started humming a lullaby, she was greeted with purring before there was a knock at the door. Angie answered the door. "I just wanted to say goodbye to Marco." Star said before she heard a whimper coming from the room. "Was that Marco? Is he going to be okay?" She asked. "Marco will be fine, it's just his fever." Angie said before leaving the room. "his fever should break before you finish school, try and have fun for him." Star nodded and said. "I'll try but I don't really know what he thinks is fun." she said before going downstairs and meeting up with Rafael so he could drive her to school.

(10 minutes latter)

"you are still very light, my baby boy." Rafael said as he carried Marco to the couch. Marco was panting heavily as his fever had gone up again. "shh, I know. I'll get you a cold washer soon." he said petting Marco's damp hair as he laid Marco on the couch before getting the promised washed and laid it on Marco's forehead. "There you go my sweet boy." Rafael said and Marco's ear flicked at his father's words. "Mi amor, I have to go to work. I will be home by lunch time." He said kissing Angie's forehead. "See you then dear." Angie said while walking him out to the car. She walked back inside and started to make a soup for lunch.

~~~~~~ at school ~~~~~~

"Hey Star, where is Marco? Aren't you two like really close?" Janna asked, she is a girl in Marco's class and she also has a small crush on Marco. "Ah, he's at home with the 'Flu'? I think that's what it's called." Star replied before bouncing up to the teacher. "Yo Teach, Marco is sick and the Diaz's asked me to bring home the work we do in class." Star said to Miss. Skullnick before heading to her desk and waited for the lesson to start. Skullnick thought back to the first time Marco had been sick.

(Fashback)

She had gone over to the Diaz's house to see if they knew that Marco hadn't been at school a few days, she thought that Marco was like all the other 'loner types' she had tort. That he was only going to get his parents off his back then after a couple of months ditch school until the parents find out then do the process all over again.
Skullnick knocked on the door and a very distraught Mrs. Diaz answered. "Oh you must be Marco's teacher, I'm sorry for not notifying the school earlier but Marco has been sick for the past 5 days. Thank you for checking in with us, I'm sorry to trouble you." She said as a whimper could be heard from behind the door. "Marco likes being in your classes and really hopes he was better so he can learn more." Skullnick was fabagusted. 'He likes being in my class? I thought all those kids were in her class because they hated learning.' She thought before replying. "It's a shock that he likes learning, most of my students are only there because the other teachers can't handle them. If Marco would like I can make a copy of what we did in class so he doesn't have to miss out while he's sick." She said and Mrs. Diaz lit up. "That would be great, and we will try to tell you when Marco gets sick so you know when he'll need those worksheets." She said shaking Skullnick's hand. "I'll bring those worksheets in tomorrow afternoon if he isn't back before then." Skullnick smiled a little before heading to her car and going home.