Chapter Eight

It had been two days and the residents of the Hale household couldn't have been happier. Stiles was fitting in great and after his initial fidgetiness, he ended up being a sarcastic little shit.

Cora seemed to be the one that most loved having a little brother. She pushed the omega around like he was her dog to play with. Between ruffled hair and slaps to his butt, Stiles sort of loved the newfound attention.

Derek, on the other hand, only wanted to steal the boy away for a spare kiss. He had gone years without any physical relationships and the closer to Stiles he was, the more sated his wolf was, and lately his wolf had been a bit restless.

The full moon was on its way and Derek preferred not to think about the claw marks his nails had embedded on the inside of the basement door. Full moons were the worst for alphas without mates. They made him yearn for something that wasn't there to the point he became feral. Having Stiles should quell his thirst, but his mother still pulled him to the side one night while the pack was in the den watching a movie. He had made sure Stiles was alright and snuggled in a thick blanket before vacating.

Derek watched his mother seat herself across the table and fold her hands on the table. She sucked in a deep breath before beginning to speak. "Stiles has been good for everyone. I know you're worried about the coming moon, I can feel it on you." Derek nodded and she continued. "I'm going to be completely honest with you Derek, I'm nervous too. You have never been good with full moons, the worst out of all of your siblings. I know that now that Stiles is here you should be better, but I think we should be careful for this first one so no one gets hurt."

Derek nodded his head in agreement and rested his face in his hands. "How?" he simply asked.

"We need to make sure Stiles is by you at all times and not handled by anyone else, for a start. I've seen how you've been looking at your sisters and I don't want you to snap if one of them gets a little too close for your comfort."

Derek frowned, now that he thought about it, it had been bothering him when Cora pinched Stiles's arm at dinner.

"Secondly, I'd like you guys to stay in the basement for the weekend. I won't lock it up, but I at least want you guys to be secluded from everyone else. Your father and I will check on you periodically. And lastly, if you get violent, I need your permission to pull Stiles out of there. I can't legally do it unless you tell me I can, but Derek, I would strongly advise you let me do this. I won't abuse my power, seeing you with him makes me the happiest I've been in a long time, but I don't want to see either of you getting hurt."

Derek nodded his head powerfully. "You have my full permission to pull Stiles out of ANY dangerous situation."

Talia smiled and squeezed Derek's shoulder, "Thank you, son. Now let's get back to our mates."

Derek smiled. "Let's."

"""

Stiles was snuggled tightly against Derek's chest. He had been informed of what was to happen in the next few days and was a bit nervous. He had consented to the whole thing, wanting to help his mate in anyway that he could. Although he was an omega, he could feel the pull of the moon and the restlessness to be around his mate as well.

Once Derek roused then both from dreamland, Talia helped move a few things down to the basement. It was like a small apartment down there. It had a kitchenette and a small bathroom with even a shower. It was mainly made up of the bedroom which solely held a bed, and now, Derek's bedding.

Stiles slightly jumped as Talia sealed the scratch ridden door. Derek came up behind him and ran his nose down his mates neck.

"Are you going to be okay?" Stiles whispered, grabbing on to the arms Derek latched around his front.

"I hope so," Derek sighed into his ear. "It's already helping having you here. But I still want you to know, if you feel the slightest bit in danger, you need to call for my mom and she'll remove you from the basement. Nothing will happen to you Stiles, that I can promise."

Stiles looked into his mates eyes. He still couldn't decide what color they really were. "I'm not afraid," he said, even though Derek heard the small thump in his heart.

Derek wistfully smiled. "Thank you," he whispered before delving into Stiles' soft lips. They tasted sweet and supple as Derek licked over them.

Now they could only cross their fingers and see what would happen as the moon continued to rise.

A/N: It's all about to go down... or is it??