Chapter Seven

"It's dinner time, boys!" an authoritative voice called from downstairs.

Derek looked down to the small boy curled into his side. He took a deep breath and smiled before gently shaking Stiles' shoulder. "Time to get up and eat," he whispered into the younger boy's ear.

Stiles looked around sluggishly and nestled his head back into Derek's side. Derek chuckled, "None of that, silly boy."

The pair got up, after more enticing on Derek's end, and made their way downstairs. A hot batch of spaghetti and garlic bread was spread out on the dining room table. There was also a fresh salad and a pitcher of tea.

Laura, Cora, and their mates were already seated as well as Peter. Derek's father, Noah, was also here. Talia came back, bustling to her seat. Derek noticed the extra seat next to his usual chair and ushered Stiles into it while trying hard to hide a smile. His mate was finally home.

Talia addressed the table, "Everyone, this is Stiles, Derek's mate. I want everyone to make him feel welcome in this house, he is one of us now. Let's eat!"

Stiles blushed but dug into his food all the same. Everyone made small talk around them before Derek's father officially introduced himself. "I'm Noah. It's nice to meet you Stiles. We've all been waiting a very long time," he said with a pleasant smile gracing his lips.

Stiles smiled back. "It's nice to meet you too, sir. You have a lovely home and family. Thank you for all of your hospitality."

"Of course!" Noah replied. "Like my wife said, you're one of us now, part of the family."

Conversation flowed easily for the rest of dinner. Everyone talked to Stiles at least once and Derek couldn't have been happier. He was on cloud nine at the moment and nothing could drag him down. His mate was beside him and his family around him, Derek had never been this content before.

After dinner, Talia declared a pack night and everyone pilled together on the floor and couches to watch a movie. Derek picked an armchair to snuggle up in with Stiles. The boy had been a bit uncomfortable at first, but once Derek embraced him in his warmth he had calmed down. Peter snuck occasional smiles at the couple and before long Stiles was out again on Derek's chest.

"""

When the movie was over, Derek carried Stiles to bed. He tucked the boy in before he roused from his sleep. "It's ok. Go back to sleep," Derek whispered in Stiles' ear.

Stiles groggily shook his head, "I really like your family," he whispered.

"And they really liked you," Derek skimmed his nose up the side of Stiles' cheek and nestled it into his hair. Derek puckered his lips and left a light kiss in the auburn hair. Stiles hummed and turned to face Derek with dark eyes.

Derek took a deep breath, and before he could overthink it, swooped down and laid his gentle lips onto Stiles' soft but hesitant ones. Derek didn't do anything to deepen the kiss and pulled back rather quickly. Stiles had wide eyes but after a few deep breaths he pushed back up to meet Derek's lips again, this time with more urgency.

They were clumsy, this being Stiles' first kiss and Derek not having kissed anyone in years, but after a while they found a relaxed rhythm and went with it. When the couple ended the kiss Stiles' lips where puffy and held a grin that lite up the room. "Can we do that again?" he whispered, now almost fully awake.

Derek chuckled deep from his chest and let his head fall back on the bed. "Later, I promise later, but right now we really do need to go to sleep. We've got a big day tomorrow."

Stiles sighed, "Alright," he whispered, "but I'm holding you to that." He snuggled up to Derek and wrapped his lithe limbs around the bigger man.

"You do that," Derek replied, dropping one more kiss into his hair before drifting into the unknown.

A/N: Yay, it's an update! It is a bit short, sorry, BUT THEY KISSED, so now everyone can be happy haha. Thanks for reading and comments make chapters come faster ;)