Moving out of his way they continued walking taking stairs down to who knows where. Snapping his fingers I felt a cloth go over my head as he told us that we needed to just keep walking.
Never had I experienced such. This man definitely had control, knew how to control his men.

I felt the warm embers of a fire before the cloth was removed as I found myself standing in a brightly lit room.
"Daddy!" A little girl squealed as he scooped her up showering her face with kisses as she held onto him tightly giggling with glee.
He placed her down just as a beautiful woman walked in with a wide smile.
"Why do you smell like cheap alcohol?" She asked as he looked at her remaining silent before she grabbed her ear making him speak.
"Someone poured their drink on me," he said wincing in pain pulling her closer before smiling at her giving her a kiss hello.

"Marcellus, please make yourself at home," she said in a clipped tone as she left the room with Neil right behind her. Her tone revealed her anger as I looked at Alex who already looked relaxed.
"How does she know who I am?" I asked Alex who simply sent me a smirk.

---

"How is your family Lex?" Tariro said with a smile as I realized Alex must have spoke to her through Nyasha.
"Very well. Already missing me," he said sadly. "But what can I do, I must help this fool find his wife."
"Oh please, do not bother yourself. He must do this alone. I will have a car come take you to the airport and back to your family first thing tomorrow. Why should you suffer for his actions. Right dear?" She said looking at Neil who nodded in agreement.

"So you are looking for my sister. Tell me why should I even help you after what you did to her."
"Because I need her, she is my wife. The only woman I will ever love. She did the one thing no other could do and that was make me smile after such a long time. She brought so much happiness when all I gave her was misery.

"You were right darling they did break each other," she smiled standing up. "Shall we; dinner is ready," she said.

"By now you have heard the rumors of how hard she is," Neil said as he handed his wife a plate of food.
"Yes I have, but I don't care about all th..." I stopped when he raised his hand silencing me.
"Let us enjoy our meal then we will talk," Neil said as Tariro held his hand giving it a squeeze. "No serious conversations during dinner," he said smiling at his wife.

---

"I will be up in a few minutes, I still have to apologize properly," he said kissing her before watching her leave the room till she disappeared.
Neil looked at the two men before him as he poured some scotched into glasses handing one to each of them before settling into a seat.
"Did she have nightmares?" He asked out of the blue as Marcel looked at him baffled.
"Yes." He said as Neil nodded in understanding.

"When I was young our mother died giving birth to her. So we moved in with our uncle because papa was still grieving and unable to take care of us.
"When she was seven I found my uncle coming out of her room when I got back home from school. That day I had been late because of sporting activities and he took that opportunity to have his way with her. I found her sitting staring at the wall, and not a single word did she utter. In a fit of rage I grabbed a knife and killed the bastard. He was supposed to protect us not harm us.
But what made it worse was when I found her standing over our father's body, blood covering her hands as she gripped a broken bottle. Repeatedly stabbing his chest. That was when she spoke spoke revealing that our father, our own flesh and blood had allowed his brother to touch her for a few dollars to buy alcohol.

That was when the nightmares began. They subsided after papa took us in. We had been banished from our home, our village, but they did not know the whole truth. What adult would believe a child. But only one person did, and that person was papa. He found us one day while he was hunting for game meat, thus taking us I and treating us like his own flesh and blood. In his arms we had our home. The nightmares she has are not because of what you think you did, but of what happened back then.

When I say you broke her, what I really mean is that you actually made her feel. Yes she knows I love her, that papa loves her, but with you it's different. She is slowly feeling. Never have I seen her shed a tear, hence why she is deemed a hard woman, because she shows no pain. You wife, my sister, is a very clever woman. Any fool would be lucky to have her, in this case you," he said with a fond smile.

Marcel was at a loss of words. She had killed her own father, and he had killed their uncle, their own flesh and blood.
He knew right there and then that the men before him would kill for her and she the same, he had to tread carefully.

Hie everyone. Hope you all had an awesome week.
I had a great one 😆 before you ask 😏

So the other day I went online and found this very book at number #122 in romance. Thanks for the support guys. It really means a lot to me 😄

Please as always, a vote of thanks here, a comment of approval there and telling your peeps about this story 😁😁

Hope you enjoyed.