---

"I am here to see Mr Vanderbilt," I said in a clipped tone.
The nurse showed me to his room as I found him sitting by the window. He sat still looking outside as I stepped into the room. Alex stood beside me, remaining silent after I begged him to help me, asking for his forgiveness in the process.

While we were here, I had men looking for her from all parts of the world.

"Nikolai," I said as he swiveled around in his wheelchair.
He smiled in our direction as I looked at the dark glasses he wore.
"Uri told me and I am afraid the people you are looking for are very dangerous. Are you sure you want to find them," he said.
"Yes."
"Are you willing to lose anything to get their location," he said removing his glasses as I realized he was blind. Obviously not by choice judging from the burns around his eyes.
"Yes," I said in a hard tone.

"There is a book underneath my mattress. Inside is an address. Tell them I sent you, they will allow you in. It was a pleasure 'seeing' you young Martinez," he said with a smile as Alex looked for the address.
Thanking him we left heading back home.

This was turning into a scavenger hunter I thought to myself as I thought of our next destination. India.

Lying in bed I though of all she had said. The little minx had played me when I thought I was the one playing her. She really was something else, my wife. I felt my heart swell at the thought of her being mine. My equal if not more in every aspect and I had hurt her.

The following morning we headed to India and I was surprised to find the address led us to a club.

"Nikolai sent us," I told the bouncer.
He led us to the back where we found local mobsters enjoying themselves before weapons were drawn once they saw us.

"Now gentleman this man here is my guest," Neil said as he walked up to me with a wide grin.
"How was your trip, little brother," he said as I looked him straight in the eye not wanting to show any weakness. "Relax. Nothing will happen to you or else she will kill me herself," he chuckled calling the bartender placing an order for them.

Both sides still had their weapons drawn.
"Now if you want me to be celebrating your funeral I suggest you keep your firearms raised, but if not, you know what to do," he said in that same tone similar to his father's as the men slowly lowered their arms. Even my own men obeyed him.

"Walk with me," Neil said as he left the private room heading towards the main club as he took his drink from the bartender.
The music stopped once he stepped out as people stood back clearing a path for him. One unlucky fellow who was definitely high did not get the memo as he bumped into Neil making him spill his scotch on his shirt. The guy sobered up faster than a teenager sobering up when their mother arrived home, as he looked up at Neil.
Stretching out his hand he opened his palm as he was handed a small white pill which he slowly inspected.

"Open up," he said in a low voice.
The man was about to refuse until two man held him forcing his mouth open. Dropping the pill into his mouth he watched the man as he kept it in his mouth.
"Swallow it," Neil commanded.
"Right now you brain is unable to comprehend whether he to relax your airway passage or to keep it contracted as oxygen levels lower in your system. Your neurons are firing signals at an exponential rate and right about now you should start experiencing..." He smiled as man's eyes widened as he started to convulse in front of him as the men released him onto the floor.
"My daughter bought me this shirt. It was my favorite," he said looking at the soiled shirt just as the man took his last breath.