The Wrong People

You hated the thought that the last few days of your life would be spent in misery. You hated that you were so naive to believe that somewhere could actually be safe. But most of all, you hated the fact that your family was also suffering. Some of them right next to you in this box while the others out in the world not knowing where and what had happened to the other half of their group.

            You were pulled from your thoughts when gunfire rang through your ears. You quickly stood straight and walked to the end of the car where the shots were loudest.

It continued for a few seconds before dying down and shouts filled the air. However, the shouts were hard to decipher which frustrated you.

After a minute or two footsteps seeped into the boxcar walls as someone walked toward it.

Everyone in the confined space quieted and looked at the sliding door as the footsteps stopped on the other side of it. Another set of footsteps followed, then another.

A moment of silence passed before a person outside the box shouted to someone else. The deep voice made you jump at first. But after a moment you recognized the voice, and realized it was too familiar to be a coincidence.

Before you could think too in depth the door began to open and a bright light leaked into the space.

As an instinct everyone in the traincar moved into the shadows and the newcomers entered the box.

The doors closed as you watched the people look around curiously. Eyes adjusted to the darkness again and Glenn called out, "Rick?"

The man in question moved forward. "You're here?" He questioned with a slight smirk.

You looked behind Rick to see the man who had so longed to lay your eyes upon.

Tears began to brim your eyes as you looked over Daryl and the realization that some of your family was here with you.

You walked forward and Daryl looked up at you, smiling upon noticing it was you.

     Before anything else was said you rushed forward into Daryl's open arms. Burying your head into the crook of his neck.

His hug was comforting and made you feel like you were floating on air. For a moment everything seemed alright. But everything that led up to this moment flooded your mind and again you were left saddened.

       You pulled your head from Daryl's chest and gave him a quick smile before he returned the gesture.

He grabbed your chin in his hand and kissed you. "I missed you." He whispered.

        "They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out?" Rick spoke, causing you to look over at him. He eyed a crack in the wooden traincar. "Find out what?" Abraham questioned taking a step towards the bearded man.

"They're screwing with the wrong people."

Turning back to Daryl, you couldn't help but smile at him mischievously.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long! I honestly feel so horrible for taking so long to update and that this one is so short. However, softball is less time consuming now and I'm almost done with school so I'll be able to post a lot more soon! Also this imagine is for @jessicagajewski4 who requested it, hope you all enjoyed it! Stay lovely!! ~Jocelyn