19

Avery and Nina in the media

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got home about three hours later after my buzz had let up some, but I still was still a little tipsy. It was almost nine o'clock. I walked into my bedroom and turned on the light.

“Shit!”, I shouted putting my hand to my chest.

Nina was sitting on the edge of my bed with her arms folded and one leg crossed over the other. She looked like someone's momma who sat in the living waiting for them to walk through the front door after curfew. I couldn't help but bursting into laughter.

“Something funny?”, she snapped.

I shooked my head and put a finger over my lips. “Im sowwy.”

“You’re sowwy?”

I nodded.

“I've been waiting for your ass for three hours and the best you come up with is that you're sor-”

I cut her off by giving her a good big hugged.

“Why can I smell alcohol?”, she asked while pushing me off of her. “Wait. Have you been drinking?”

I raised my hand with my thumb and index finger close together, barely touching. “Just a teeny weeny  bit.”

She smacked her teeth. “We ain't even reach to this party yet and you already drinking.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The uber pulled up to this large house and Nina and I got out. Allisha bailed on us tonight. She was having period cramps and Lord knows those hurt. We both felt bad for her, but she assured us that she’d be fine and we should go without her.

I wore a short, gray, bodycon dress and some navy blue flat shoes. Aubrey informed me that this was just a laid back party to celebrate the completion of this music video. By the looks of some of the people on the outside, he was right. Everyone was dressed casually so I wasn't underdressed.

We walked up to the door and security stopped us.

“This party is invite only. May I have your name please?”

“Avery Fields”, I told him.

He looked over at Nina and she stated her name.

“There’s an Avery Fields on the list, but no Nina Vasquez. Miss Fields, it says that two persons would be accompanying you?”

“Yes. Nina is one of those persons. The other couldn't make it.”

He nodded and stepped aside beckoning us to enter.

The interior resembled one of a cabin. It was all wooden from the floorboards to the wall to the furniture. It wasn't crammed with partygoers, I somehow expected it to be like a college frat party. However, there was still a good amount of persons in here.

A waitress passed with a tray full of jello shots. Nina and I both took two each and downed them back to back.

“How are we gonna find him in this big ass house will these people?” I asked, shouting over the music.

“We could ask anyone if they know where he is.”

I stopped another waiter.

“Excuse me. Do you know where Drake is?”, I asked.

“In the VIP room,” he said bluntly. I could imagine him saying ‘duh’ in his head.

“And where is this VIP room?”, Nina interjected.