Chapter 8

Phoenix POV
I was at Brayden's house in my room crying. I don't know what's up with me lately but it's like someone has put my feelings on shuffle. I never really did express my feelings until I hit 12th grade. That is when my brother died. My parents didn't really start dodging me till then. They are just waiting for me to come crashing down. I had promised my brother I would be better than him but I'm failing miserably. I think I would have been able to cope with everything if Emma wouldn't have showed her stupid face. First, she cheats on my brother for the dude who soon killed him and didn't even care. Then, the bitch trues flirting with the boy I like realizing it before I did. I swear I will snap her neck in two if she crosses my line. I grabbed a tissue off the nightstand and wiped my face. I was so tired not physically but mentally and emotionally. I was so tired of worrying about my parents, crying all the flipping time, and letting people down me. I had to be strong to prove to my parents and everyone who doubted me. I'm not just going to be strong to prove them wrong. Most importantly I was going to be strong for me. I sighed and picked up my phone I needed to talk to Jenna it's been a while. I dialed her number and almost instantly she picked up. "Omg Phoenix I thought you died on me" she yelled through the phone. I'm pretty sure my ear drum was busted. "I may not be dead but I think I'm deaf" I said rubbing my ear. She giggled "sorry what's up?" She asked. "Let's hang" I said. "Pancakes?" She asked. "Pancakes" I said. "Okay see you later" she said. "Bye" I said hanging up. I decided to change into some more comfy clothes. I put on a white spaghetti strap tank top. I wore my pink, black, and white Nike shorts. I put my hair into a ponytail and slid on my Nike slids. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. I walked by the kitchen and glanced at it while I walked by. Oh hell naw I slowly backed up in front of the kitchen door. Sitting there was Brayden and a very thirsty looking Emma. "Um what is she doing here" I asked pointing at the excuse of a girl. "Oh she asked me to help her catch up with her work" he said. I glared at her "didn't I tell you to stay the fuck away from him" I said. All she did was smirk fuck this I am through. I threw my bag down and darted at her. When I was just a foot away I was yanked back. "What is wrong with you?" Brayden asked sounding mad. "I'm protecting you from her she isn't what she seems she isn't safe to be around. She's only trying to make me mad because she knows I like someone." I yelled at him. All he did was he looked surprised. "Nevermind I don't even care fuck the bitch. It doesn't bother me." I said pushing him out my way and leaving. I got into my car and sighed. Why does my life have to be so complicated. I suppose to be tough and carefree I've really lost my touch. I backed out the driveway before I glanced at the house one more time. Did I just admit I like him fuck this bitch isn't going to quit now. I don't care next time she crosses my line Brayden is not going to stop me. She's doesn't care about anyone but her gang leader boyfriend. She only cares about him and ruining my life. She already killed my brother she wasn't killing my friend. I made it to Jenna's house quicker than I thought. I sighed before opening my door and heading to her front door. Man nothing could make me feel better than her pancakes. They were so light and fluffy and pratically melted in your mouth. I knocked on her door and some after she opened it. She jumped and tackled me into a hug. Good thing she was a shortie and didn't weigh alot. I laughed as she kept blabbering about how much she missed me. When grabbed a bug plate of pancakes and went to her room. "So how is staying with Brayden going?" She ask smirking. "Great" I said not meeting her gaze. "Omg you like him" she squealed jumping up almost making the pancakes fall. I laughed as she jumped around the room. "You should be celebrating why do you look so said?" She asked. "You know that girl I've been telling you about Emma?" I asked. She nodded sitting back down "I hate the girl already and I don't even know her" she said. I smiled and shook my head at her. "Anyways she's the new girl at our school and she keeps fucking with me. She knows I like Brayden and she keeps flirting with him" I said. She jumped up and grabbed her bag. "Come on let's get this bitch" she said.

Did you enjoy everyone? I hope you did also sorry I know it wasn't that long but you know it mothers day I have to spend time with my mom. Also thank you reader for the votes and support love ya!!!!