102 3/3

When you fall in love with the wrong friend part 3/3

That same evening you were sitting on your bed, crying like a little baby, completely heart broken. Never someone had hurt you this much before and you felt like your world was collapsing. You had loved Jin so much and now you had to make yourself hate him, and you couldn't do it. You were sobbing on your knees as the phone rang and you looked up to the lightened screen. You sighed and cleared your throat to make your voice sound as normal as possible.

"Hello?" "Hey ______-ah, it's me." Baekhyun said on the other side and you closed your eyes, thinking about his outburst. "Hey Baek, how are you?" You released your legs from your hold and laid them down on the mattress. "I'm good, how are you?" You rolled your eyes because it was such a stupid question, of couse you weren't fine. "I'm good, couldn't be better." You lied but he caught you when your voice cracked in the middle of your sentence. "He's such an ass, I'm so sorry for you ______." He whispered and you scoffed and wiped an escaped tear away. "I'll get over it."

He sighed deeply and it turned quiet for a while. "He'll pay for hurting you, I won't let him get away with this." Baekhyun said and you just faked a laugh. "Don't do that Baek, let's just leave him now, it's over anyway. I just want t forget him and move on." New tears flowed and then you heard movement on his side of the phone. "Be prepared, I'm coming over right now." He informed and you groaned, telling him not to but he was already on his way.

You sighed and dragged yourself off the bed just so you could open the door in time when he would arrive. If it wasn't for him you would have stayed in bed for the rest of the night, and just cry yourself to sleep. You pouted as you stared at your phone to check the time. If it would take him too long to get here you would get worried. After all he was still your best friend and you carred for him. Just when the numbers on your phone changed the bell rang and you stumbled forward, not really fast since your feet felt really heavy.

You opened te door and as soon as it hit the wall your eyes locked with Baekhyun's. You couldn't read his eyes, the emotions were unclear and mixed so you stepped aside and let him in. He walked inside, no words had to be exchanged between the two of you, it had always been like that. You always felt comfortable around Baekhyun, even if he was quiet. "Just make yourself at home." You muttered and after you said that he sat down on the couch.

You sat down next to him, chaping yourself into a little ball. Your legs were against your chest and your arms were hit around them while your chin was leaning on your knees. Baekhyun eyed you sideways and sighed as he saw your blank stare. "______-ah..." He whispered and you turned your head to look at him. He was sending you a gaze which made shivers run down your spine, what made your eyes tear up while pursing your lips. Baekhyun pouted in sadness as he crept closer to you and wrapped his arms around you, sharing his body heat with yours.

You pushed your head against his chest and sobbed, suddenly happy that he came so you didn't have to cry all by yourself anymore. You listened to the calm melody he was singing into your ear and enjoyed the safety his arms were giving you. His arms were fitting perfectly around your body as he rocked you from left to right. He then sighed against your neck what made you shudder and pulled you away from him. "I can't do this anymore." He suddenly whispered and you sent him a confused look. "I can't..." He repeated again before letting go of you and standing up.

Panic overflowed you as you saw him walking away and you quickly followed him and grabbed him by the wrist what made him stop. He didn't turn around to meet you so you stared at his back. "What did I do?" You asked and he shook his head. "You didn't do anything." He anwsered and you stepped closer to him. "Then what's wrong?" He sighed deeply and wanted to pull himself free but you just replaced your grip and wrapped your arms around his middle. "Please, don't leave me. You're the only one I have left." You whined and he stayed still before suddenly turning around.

"You know how I feel ______-ah, you've been through the same thing." He said as he combed his fingers through your hair and pushed it out of your face. "What do you mean?" You shook your head and he smiled sadly. "You know how it feels to like someone to death and they don't like you back." He explained and suddenly it all made sence. Your eyes widened and you nodded. "You like me." You stated, it wasn't a question, you were sure about it. He also nodded and took a step away from you. "I'm sorry, but I can't live like this anymore." After he said that he turned around and walked away before you could catch him again.

You were frozen, glued onto the floor. You had two types of best friends now. One who had played with your heart and who had broken it into thousand of pieces...and one who loved you with all his heart and who would never do anything to hurt you. Now you knew, you had chosen wrong. You had fallen in love with the wrong friend, and actually you were now finally falling for the right one. Without thinking twice you ran after him, noticing that it was now raining hard. You ran as fast as you could on your bare feet, ignoring that you were getting drenched.

"Baekhyun!" You yelled when you saw his figure appear in your sight. He was only a little further ahead, still walking away. "Baekhyun stop!" Your voice reached his ears and he stayed still, also wet from the rain. You kept running and running not stopping when you reached him. "Turn around." You ordered when you were almost there and slowly he did as you asked. He gasped when he saw you running to him in full speed and had expected you to stop, but you didn't. You jumped right into his arms and your legs circled around his waist. He looked at you with wide eyes as he supported you with his arms so you wouldn't fall.

Rain dripped down on the two of you as you stared into each other's eyes, not speaking or making any sound. "You Byun Baekhyun, made me see that I made a mistake." You said while letting your finger slid over his cheek. "All this time it was you." His eyes lightened up when you said that and a smile started to form. "Are you saying that..." "That you're the one, screw everyone, you're the one." You whispered and wrapped your arms around his neck, bringing your face closer. "What about Jin?" He asked and you frowned at his comment. "Jin who?" He chuckled and then finally kissed you.

His lips were soft and said so much more than Jin's had ever done. They made you feel the love that was dripping off of them and only made you want more. You pulled him closer and deepened the kiss, letting him know what you wanted. He chuckled as he pulled back gazed up at you. "I'm so happy now, I can't describe it."

He repeated your words and you giggled. "Thief, you don't only steal my heart but my words also." His smile never left his face as he started walking again, back to your apartment. "I love you." You muttered and he laid his forehead against yours. "I love you more." When you came back inside you were completely drenched but you both didn't care. "Who's in the shower first!" You squealed and he laught. "You're on!" Some things would never change though...

  © dolliedollie, baobyunbuns and ashyyyy_