Chapter 12: The "Cat" Incident

Anushka couldn't sleep. All she could think of was her father.

"Jungkook. What's the time?" Jungkook was sitting on Anushka's bed with her.

"Almost midnight." He told her.

Anushka started staring at the lamp that was on. "We need to sleep."

*FLASHBACK*

"The breeze is so nice" Anushka took a deep breath as all her worries got lost in the beautiful ocean.

"tomorrow, right?" Jungkook asked. "I think its time for a snack hehe!" Jungkook pulled a bag of marshmallows from behind his back.

"YAY!" Anushka gets excited and runs towards the camp fire Jungkook had started. Jungkook laughs silently at Anushka acting like a cute little kid before walking over an accompanying Anushka at the fire.

"Anushka.. Back in high school you were a great singer! You should sing something, I brought my guitar" Jungkook pulls out a guitar from the tent. Anushka sang and afterwards, Jungkook sang Taeyang - Love You To Death. They were both speechless staring at the night sky reflect on the crashing waves of the sea. Anushka finally spoke still staring at the water.

"We should get some sleep"

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Anushka remembers that on their "date" Jungkook seemed more than a friend. She didn't want feelings towards him, and the setting of that night didn't help. She thought it was probably just because she'd missed him so much, missed his company, and she finally had a nice time with him after years. "When we went on our date, what were you thinking the whole time?" Anushka looked back at Jungkook.

"I thought... I was crazy. But now I know, I'm not completely crazy. Not yet." He slightly looked away from Anushka.

"What do you mean?" Anushka asked.

"Huh? Oh um, I'm not too sure myself." He still didn't look at Anushka.

"Are you okay?" Anushka asked slowly.

"I should be asking you that." Jungkook replied. The was a moment of silence. "Are you?"

Jungkook finally looked at Anushka and saw tears forming in her eyes. "I will be. Thank you for taking care of me. If I can't sleep all night... would you stay here with me?" She looked worried.

"Of course. Actually I need to tell you something. Before we got engaged, I was dating a girl. I broke up with her for you."

"WHAT?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? I COULD'VE ASKED SOMEONE ELSE!" Anushka was shocked.

"It's okay. She was kind of a pain anyways." Jungkook laughed. "When I told her that her and I were no more, she didn't take it so well."

Jungkook showed Anushka the scratch on his arm.

*JUNGKOOK'S POV*

I remember everything so clearly, one day we'd be as happy as can be, and the next I'd be "married" to another girl, and made another one go crazy.

*FLASHBACK*

"HOW CAN YOU JUST SUDDENLY START SEEING ANOTHER GIRL?! WHO IS SHE? SOME KIND OF PROSTITUTE?! UGH I'M SO DONE WITH YOU AND YOUR LIES AND YOUR STUPID LIFE AND STUPID WIFE!!! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE THE JUNGKOOK I FELL IN LOVE WITH?! WHY DO YOU HURT ME LIKE THIS? WHERE IS SHE I WANT TO TALK TO THIS GIRL! LET ME IN I JU-"

I interrupted. "She isn't here."

"Well just let me talk to you..." She said. The talk was a bad idea, it ended with both of us fighting and bringing up all our other fights. She wouldn't let me be. I tried to get her out of my house but she fought back. Once she had hurt me that's when I broke out. I made her freeze in her position. She just stomped and left slowly. To be honest I felt like she only wanted me for the money. My dad was very successful.