Chapter 11 - Control

Start from the beginning

I felt embarrassed for thinking out loud again. I guess I'm just too used to always being the only one in the room. I've never had to worry about others hearing my thoughts. 

"Maybe I'm not meant to see it." I offered. 

"But why?" Stiles asked. "Why you?"

"Stiles, The Alp - " I took in a sharp breath. "The Alpha is the one who bit me. Maybe I have some sort of connection with it, one that doesn't allow me to see photos or videos of it."

"What do you mean, connection?" He asked. He furrowed his eyebrows and took a step closer to me, causing a sensation of warmth to spread throughout my skin.

I had to tell him, whether Scott was here or not. Besides, Scott could possibly lose his trust in me if I told him about what I've been experiencing lately. What if he thinks I'm being controlled by The Alpha somehow? What if I am being controlled by The Alpha somehow?

I took a deep breath before beginning my explanation. "I never told you why I was really at the video store that night. I didn't go on some late night movie run, I - I had no intention whatsoever of renting a movie. I went to be early that night and when I woke up, well, I was standing over the body of the dead clerk."

Stiles wore a confused expression, unsure of what to make of all this. "When you woke up?"

"I - I think I was sleepwalking, but something had told me to, or someone."

"The Alpha?" He asked. I nodded. 

"But, there was another incident. I had this dream about the bus driver succumbing to his wounds in the hospital and the next day...he was dead." I added. 

Stiles began pacing again. I could tell he was thinking, but all the walking back and forth was making me nervous. What if he thinks I'm crazy? What if I am crazy? God, why couldn't I just be a normal teenage girl with a normal family and normal friends that all do perfectly normal things? Why did I have to be born into freakhood?

Finally Stiles stood still, facing me with a bright look in his eyes. "Okay, so, the first time it was only a dream, then sleepwalking to the actual scene, so what if what's next is - "

"Watching him do it..." I finished for him. What if he's right? What if this only escalates? I really don't think I could go on after witnessing a murder, I'm already having nightmares from my previous encounters. I began shaking my head. "No, no I can't. I can't watch him kill somebody...I can't!"

I felt on the verge of so many things, crying, screaming, mental breakdown, combustion. And the more I thought about the possibility, the worse I felt. What if that next person is Eric, or Scott...or Stiles? If I had to watch one of them die a permanent darkness was encase my heart, preventing me from ever having another happy thought ever again.

"Emma?"

I didn't even realize I had started crying. I wiped away the tear that had fallen. "I already watched that monster kill my mom and my sister, I can't watch him kill somebody else."

I felt so angry all of the sudden. I just wanted to hit something, break something. I wanted to feel physical pain, but I knew it would not last. And that only made me more angry.

I didn't care what it took, I wanted that Alpha dead.

☼ 

"What happened?" I asked Stiles, who had just gotten off the phone with his dad.