I sing with all my heart put into that one song.

"Hey! Can you do a PTX song?!" one of the kids from the crowd of kids asks. I look over at Hope and she smiles.

"Of course!! We know all of them though. Which one do you want us to sing?" I ask the girl. She sits for a minute thinking of what song.

"The very first song you guys heard by them." I smile at the little girl. Rather Be was my favorite song out of all the songs I knew.

"Rather Be!" I announced. I searched for the song on YouTube. Once I find it I look over at Hope who nods. We both grab our microphones as I press play. We sing in a duet to Kirstin's part as we both know the lyrics by soul.

As we near the finish I hear singing join us. And it certainly wasn't some of the kids. I look back and there they are. I blush a little as does Hope as we continue. She stops singing at the end.

"When I am with you there's no place I'd rather be." I sing by myself. All of the little kids smile and their eyes light up with enjoyment. Then I look towards the back where the group is. They are clapping. I laugh slightly of embarassment as me cheeks are heated again with blush. Hope just laughs at me. We have the little kids run around and play as me and Hope argue.

"Come on! Let's talk to them! I mean how bad could it be?" she prods trying to get me to go over and talk to Pentatonix.

"Uh very bad. Oh god I really hope they didn't hear me sing Take Me To Church! There is no way I am going over there." I cross my arms over my chest and look over at them. All of a sudden I feel someones arm grip at my wrist.

"What the... NO! Hope!! Stoooooooop!!!" I yell at her as I figure out she is dragging me to them. I tense as we reach them. They all smile.

"Hi! You guys are really amazing you know." Mitch compliments.

"Thanks! So uh how much did you hear exactly?" she asks smiling.

"Well we got hear as soon as you started to sing Take Me To Church." Scott says smiling.

I freeze. Oh no no no no no NO!!!! They heard me sing. Oh no this is not good!!!!

"You know you are really really talented." Mitch adresses me.

"Thank you", is all I'm able to get out. Hey well we got to get back to the group so we can decide who to adopt. We'll see you guys later!!!" They say turning around and walking to Avi, Kevin and Kirstin. We walk back to our room and I shut the door before hitting her on the head.

"I told you not to!! They heard me sing Take Me To Church!! I was almost belting out that song. I would've rather never know they heard me sing that." I fuss at her obviously upset. "They probably don't like me. I sing like a cat that was just killed. They were just being nice." I worry while pacing round the room. Hope suddenly takes hold of my shoulders.

"Look. He would've never said it if he didn't mean it. Plus he looked you straight in the eye which means he was telling the truth. And I believe it. You're stellar at singing and playing almost every instrument and drawing and sports and so so so much more!! Don't ever think that way you hear me? I don't really care if you are bad at gymnastics or yoga or if you're scared of what seems like the simplest thing! You're amazing Alissa and you know it." she says hugging me.

"Now what was that about me being scared. The other things were true so what are you talking about?" I ask curiously.

"Oh well uh. I guess it's hard for you but I was talking about you coming out to people about your sexuality. It seems so easy and I know it's not I was just mad that you said those mean things about yourself." she says looking away ashamed.

"No no. You're right. It should be easy. I'm just worried people will look at me differently if i tell them." I confess.

"Astrid!! Can I see you for a minute?!" I hear Mrs.Hanks yells at us. I rool my eyes.

"Never in a million years will she get my name right." I say walking out the door hearing Hope's faint laughter.

"Hey. It's Alissa not Astrid by the way. Astrid is a girl in my book who does things with a man and then gets pregnant. But anyways what'd you need me for?" I ask her.

"OK Alissa. Sorry. And go pack your bags because you were just adopted!" she say cheerfully.

"Really? By who?" I ask curiously.

"Us." I hear the five people say behind me. I turn around to see Pentatonix. The people who had said "us". They adopted me. I smile and walk back to my room.

"I just got adopted! By Pentatonix!" I say hugging Hope. "I'm gonna miss you." I say. "Here. I was saving it for Christmas but I want to give it to you now. So we can stay in touch." I say and her a small box she looks at me before opening the box. She gasps as she sees it is an IPhone 5s.

"Holy Shi- I mean Holy crap. Thank you so so so so so much Alissa!" she hugs me tightly.

"Look under contacts." I tell her. She sees my name under it. "Now we can still be in touch." I smile at her.

"I love you." she says honestly hugging me.

"I love you too."

We separate from the hug and I look towards the door. "I guess I have to go now." I frown looking back at her. She nods sadly.

"Bye Hope." I say.

"Bye", she pauses. "Astrid."she finishes.

"Hey! I've never had sex or got pregnant now shut up I'm not Astrid!" I say shoving her playfully. She laughs.

I walk out and sigh deeply as I look at my new parents. I look back towards my room and around the building one more time before my eyes find them again.

"You ready?" Avi asks me. I inhale deeply before exhailing and nodding my head. Avi walks out first with Kirstin holding his hand. Kevin and Scott walk side by side and Mitch walks beside me with him rubbing small circles in my back. I look up at him as he looks down at me and smiles and I smile back.