"Elijah,"

He moaned and licked my jawbone. I shook my head and fastened my hair.

"Here is where it end's Verchiel,"

I looked away from him once more. His reflection on the glass smiled at me.

"Do you really think they'll, let you back into heaven, Elijah? After all of this?"

He laughed sickeningly, but he was right. Verchiel slid his hand beneath my blazer and t-shirt. He ran his hand over the scars on my back before clawing at them with his finger nails. A burning sensation flared across my back and I cried out. Verchiel only laughed more

"don't you remember the pain Elijah?, when he ripped out your wings?"I glared a Verchiel,

"I didn't need you to remind me, i will never forget"

Verchiel smiled again. My shirt was beginning to stick to my back because of the moisture, but i couldn't work out if it was because of the sweat or the blood. I stared at his lips as Verchiel removed his hand from my back and sucked my blood from his finger tips. The limousine came to an abrupt halt. I nodded to Verchiel who nodded back and I left the limo. The rain had stopped and I caught sight of my reflection in window of the building in front me. Not a mark on my face apart from the trickle of blood escaping the corner of my mouth. I wiped it away with the damp collar of my blazer. I stared at my reflection for a moment longer before heading towards the nightlife of central London.

You must be wondering what I am. I am what Verchiel is. Some would call us vampires, demons, angels or even fallen angels. Truth is they're all the same, they all feed on human blood the name only differs according to who they follow, or due to wing types. Let me explain the vampires are wingless, the closest beings of the above to the human race, they are either followers of God or atheists, the atheist vampires are not pure, they have been fed on and turned. The vampires are the only ones that possess the power to turn others into their likeness. Angels follow God and have white soft feathered wings, The fallen angels previously followed God but are are banished from heaven they usually have either one white wing or both grey wings, one wing is removed if their crime is severe. I am a fallen angel but both of my wings were ripped out. The only one to have both wings removed, Verchiel has one wing.

I sniffed the air I could smell a demon, the most vile of the beings. A black haired man glared at me as I walked past him. Demon. he looked as if he had a hump on his back as if he were wearing a backpack beneath his shirt...he was concealing his rotting wings. All demons were previously angels their wings rot and fall off like a newborn baby's umbilical cord. They then live among the humans but never seem to age.

I could see the bright neon lights of the clubs and bars, instead i flagged down a cab to my apartment in Dulwich. I handed the man £40 and told him to keep the change. I climbed the tiled steps to my front door, I turned to see the driver still watching me, I leaned my back on the door and crossed my arms across my chest, the driver realised i wasn't going to open my door till he was gone, he sped off into the night. I thought no more about him. I kicked off my shoes and threw my blazer and shirt to the floor. I was startled to find Claudia my agent sitting on my sofa. I leaned on the door frame and cleared my throat. Claudia nearly lept out of her skin. Then she ran over to me.

"Eli, I told you I would come over, there's a job for you tomorrow. You're drenched shower now!!"

I sneezed "She placed the back of her hand on my forehead and then on each of my cheeks. "My god you have a fever!!, Take some paracetamol,"

Claudia was like a mother always fussing,

"alright i'm going i'm going.....".

i'm glad humans can't see my scars and they don't show up in pictures.... My looks are all I have, it's how I make money. I'm quite well off now, I don't know why I even kept that man's money. By the time I got out of the shower Claudia had already gone. She'd left me a note, a glass of water and two paracetamol tablets, I drank the water and threw the tablets in my bin, they had not effect on my body anyway. I read the note:

Eli take the tablets because i swear if i find them in the bin again i'll kill you..."

I laughed and retrieved the tablets from the bin, i crushed them in my hand and washed the white powder and crumbs down the sink. I returned my attention back to the note.

Get some rest, best cure for a cold or flu my dear, moisturize your skin, condition your hair, brush and floss your teeth and make sure you shave! I'll come an collect you at 7:30 am, be ready we have to leave by 8 am, and half an hour is only enough time for me to feed and brief you, your clothes for tomorrow are ironed and hung on the back of your door. TIE YOUR HAIR UP ONLY ONCE IT HAS DRIED. much love my dear xx

Claudia

p.s pick up your shirt! you know where the laundry basket is.

I laughed as I untied my bun and allowed my damp black hair to fall to my waist, that was what humans loved about me, my hair. in heaven it was common for us men to have long flowing hair, then again, we were not trying to attract women or working on building sites, Nothing strenuous. It was an easy life. a boring one, sometimes people want some drama, I felt the desire for something unexpected to happen, and when it did. It completely changed my life. I climbed into bed, and wrapped up my hair again but I don't plan to sleep tonight. I watched the moon fall and soon the sun started to rise.

I heard a key in the lock, Claudia's here? I looked at my bedside clock. 7am. she lied to me. I heard her open the door downstairs so I laid back and closed my eyes.

"ELI?!?!" she called up the stairs "ELI COME HERE AT ONCE!!!".

Oh, shit what happened?, today was Saturday, not grocery day she usually hauled me from bed to carry the bags, I ran downstairs in just my boxers.

"What?"

Claudia had her hand on her forehead as if she had the most painful headache "Who is this?" she asked.

My eyes followed her sharp perfectly painted red fingernail to Verchiel standing on my doorstep, fully dressed in a suit as per usual, and wearing sunglasses. Fuck, Verchiel is going to try and seduce her.

"Oh, he's just an old friend Claudia...."

Right on queue Verchiel removed his sunglasses, and stepped into my house

"Claudia is it? oh yes, what a beautiful woman,"

Claudia looked over her shoulder at him "hmmpf, don't try that on me young man," she angrily stormed off into my living room.

I turned to Verchiel "What are you doing here?". He put his sunglasses back on and turned his back to me.

"Raguel is coming, i'll contact you about more details closer to date,".

Raguel is coming? this can only mean one thing "He himself has been banished?"

I asked, Verchiel was already halfway down the steps, he stopped walking

"not exactly, just be prepared,"

I nodded and shut the door.

HI guys i really like this story line is it worth pursing would you read more?

Comment and let me know  what you think please!!