Lucas broke up with Maya. He broke up with her. He broke up with her. After dating for two years, they broke up. What about all of the times they laughed together and kissed each other with joy. She just sat there her face in her hands, crying and I was about to come over and comfort her when I realized she didn't want me too. She didn't want me to be the shoulder she cries on.

" Maya, look I am so sorry for you. I didn't know that he would break up with you and that he would ever come back. I am so so sorry and I will be there for you all the time, no matter what. I know he broke up with you, but if you think that he really meant something to you then he will come back," I murmured. 

I tried to comfort her with just words, but I could tell it wasn't working because she suddenly stopped her crying and lifter her head to make eye contact with me. Her makeup was already ruined and her hair was getting stuck to her face. Her ocean eyes didn't look ocean anymore, they looked broken. They looked like the gloomy skies on a rainy day.

" Oh my goodness, you just don't get it do you. He likes you and he always will. You too obviously like each other and he broke up with me because of you. You ruined the chance that I had with him. You made him run away and you were the reason that he broke up with me. Because of you, I am sitting here crying," Maya explained. 

Those words hurt more than anything. She just told me that I was the reason of her being hurt. The reason her eyes aren't like normal and the reason she couldn't stop crying. I didn't want to be the reason of that. He couldn't like me at all though. He never would. He would never break up with Maya for me. I was just the best friend that supported the two people that were destined to be together, but I didn't want them to be. At that moment I felt mad and betrayed. Not relived at all. I felt like Maya couldn't even trust me anymore and I wanted her too. She thought that I was the reason. 

" Maya. Why would you ever say that? You know I don't like him at all like that and he doesn't think of me as anything but siblings," I responded. She just shook her head and responded quickly.

" Of course you guys like each other. You don't have to deny it and I am just the wall the prevents you guys from being with each other. You guys look at each like nothing else in the world matters, but each other. He has never once responded to me like that. I know you guys like each other," She revealed.

" No, Maya no. I would never do that. I would never go out with him or like him. You know that. We are just best friends. You guys are meant for each other," I spoke.

I knew that what she said was wrong. She was never the wall. We don't like each other. I was the wall that no one could climb and I like Lucas. Lucas doesn't like me and I know that. Her thoughts were just speaking for themselves. I thought about what she said for a bit and never took for consideration that maybe he did like me. No, he never could and anyways if we did like each other that couldn't happen. Maya would never get over him and I would never betray her like that. Even if Lucas pleaded me and I was happy again like old times. Maya was the girl that had her heart set on one person and that one person was Lucas. 

" Riley, me and Lucas are not meant for each other don't you get that. We will never be nothing more than just friends. You guys are always there for each other and love each other more than anything. Don't deny your feelings because of me," Maya answered.

No. No. No. No matter how much I liked Lucas. No matter how much he made me happy. I knew Maya was just doing this because she was hurt and thought that I deserved happiness, but I didn't. I was meant to just help others find happiness, leaving mine to die slowly.

" Maya. I am not denying my feelings. Lucas doesn't like me and I don't like him, that is final. No more words about how we are supposed to be with each other," I addressed.

She just nodded and wiped her tears away. I could tell that she wouldn't give up on this whole thing. For some reason she just wouldn't. Why would she think that me and Lucas are meant for each other? I mean that was what I used to think and now I don't even know anymore. If we were meant for each other then why weren't we in each others arms? Why aren't we just in a fairytale land of love? Nothing made sense anymore. I just moved over to where Maya was carefully to see if she would accept my comfort and I hugged her. We embraced in a hug and she said the sentence she tried to convince me earlier, but it was different. As if somehow this one time had maybe convinced me more than the other. Not enough to convince me to the fullest just a realization or a spark of interest. She just put her lips near my ear and spoke it. " You and Lucas will find each other and find that you guys are meant to be together." I didn't say anything but fill my mind with new thoughts as she broke your hug and walked out of my bay window with no goodbyes. Just the sentence stuck in my mind, playing on replay. 

1810 words