Dear

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up." 

― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones  

The screaming and the arguments were all too much for her, while the pressure and the orders were all too much for him. She was breaking and dying inside, while he was confused and tangled inside. She was enduring, while he was trying. They wanted each other, but fate had other plans.

The arguments between them have been frequent lately to the extent that they have been screaming at each other the whole day. Marinette didn't know what was going on in her fiancé's head; all she knew was that their relationship was falling apart.

It began on the day after Adrien's proposal. The 25 year old was now managing the Agreste fashion line, and Gabriel Agreste had just retired. Marinette understands if he's cranky or would overtime in work at times, but it became more frequent than usual and he seemed to be avoiding her lately. Mr. Agreste has been ignoring her lately as well. On one Saturday night, she decided to confront him about it, but it only resulted to a big argument, which became frequent over the past several days.

And today, Marinette has had enough.

"Marinette, if you would just listen to me you'll understand!" exclaimed Adrien as he followed his wife going to who-knows-where, but the fashion designer did not budge and continued to stomp away from him as she roughly wiped the bitter tears falling down her face. She's had enough of shouting back at him and demanding an explanation for his behavior. She's had enough of those endless arguments.

It was time to finally leave, whether he likes it or not.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng Agreste! Don't you dare ignore me!" he calls out to her.

Once she was in the hallway of their home, she took a sharp turn to the right, where their bedroom is. The moment that Adrien realized where she was heading, he quickly grabbed her arm and forcefully turned her to face him. Her before innocent and gleeful blue eyes turned into an ocean of anger and sorrow as she glared daggers at him, while his emerald ones stared back with fear in his eyes. 

"What are you going to do?" he asks her. 

The outraged woman roughly swatted his hand away and stood straight and tall, saying, "I'm leaving, Agreste, like you've always wanted--" she chuckles bitterly as she removes the blue diamond wedding ring, masking her sorrow, before grabbing his hand and shoving it inside. "--no more arguments, no more shouting, and no more burden for you. It's over, Agreste." she continues, her voice cracking up in the middle of the sentence. 

All Adrien could do was tearfully stare at her figure as she began to pack her things up as he holds the wedding ring in his hand.

Adrien knew that this day would come. He knew that the day he will be choosing between the love of his life and his father would come. But he never expected for her to leave him just like that, he thought that she'd understand. He was merely trying to solve the situation, he didn't know that he was making her feel that way. 

Marinette was deeply heartbroken as she packs her things up as quick as possible in order to avoid breaking down in front of him and showing how weak she truly is. But on the moment he enveloped her frail body in his arms and pleaded her not to leave him made her breakdown and sob. 

Adrien sobbed into her shoulder. "P-Please, don't leave me. I-I-I can f-fix this. Just p-pl-please let me..."

She knew that she couldn't do it; she knew that it will be this hard for her to leave him. But she has to, even Alya told her to. If she stays, she'll continue to suffer and break, but if she leaves, she won't have to suffer anymore. She will stop being a burden to him, and he'll finally be happy. 

Her slender fingers reached out for the zipper of her bag and pulled it down and secured her things. "I'm sorry, but I can't take the same risk again."

Author's note:

Hello everyone!

So, I've decided to post the very first chapter even though I haven't finished 'Tutor Sessions' yet. I've been itching to post this; I'm excited for this new book! Oh and by the way, this book will most probably contain only 5  chapters. I'm so sorry if it's short! Also, see that edit up there? Nothing...

Thank you everyone for the support! Thank you guys so, so much!

Once gain, thank you and have a nice day!