Update + Q&A + Contest Finalists + Other Stuff, I Guess

Start from the beginning

Hamburger_Head

Q: Awesome start! But its so annoying how she has to keep this up. And for what? Because JENO told her to? She's crazy.

A: I think you're underestimating how sexy Jeno is lol. I think most of you want him to be Dylan O'Brien, but I've decided on Ezra personally. Anyway, although this isn't really a question, I think it raises an important one. After watching Batman v Superman, I'm increasingly aware that character motivations are incredibly important for a successful story. And one of the things I've worked hard to do is justify the characters' actions. And in doing so, there is no purely good or bad character. It may seem like she's just following along with lover boy, but she really can't go back to Rosemunde--not with Penelope still at large. Like Wallace mentions, the veil of death works greatly in her advantage. Now she can get closer to people who would have seen right through her without revealing herself, you know? 

Obviously her relationship with Jeno is now awkward and conflicted, but I think that's incredibly realistic. I didn't want them to mull over their feelings for each other without the other one knowing. They both know and they both have to deal with it. I think it challenges the insta-love scenarios that we're accustomed to reading. 

AtwisteDream

Q: What Is the "Incident"? And I want a detailed answer O.o 

A: I can't give you a detailed answer, but I can give you an honest one. In many ways, I don't completely know, either! There are some crucial characters at play (Miren, Parker, Penelope), but I constantly rework the incident in my head as I continue to flesh out the novels. All I can say is that you get a good bit of necessary information about it in this story. I mean, I could tell you, but where's the fun in that? 

Please send more questions if you have any!

Contest! 

Without further ado, here are the finalists: 

SabrinaTeacher: The Class Reject: A Damsel in Dilemma

Junomatrix: The Class Reject: A Damsel in Dispair 

Nikki_Silver & mads_is_here: The Class Reject: A Damsel in Distress 

_Love_Live_Write: The Class Reject: A Damsel's Death Sentence /A Damsel in Danger

Tokyo_GoGo: The Class Reject: A Pariah in Purgatory

I did specifically ask for you to use the "Damsel in ________" format, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd still love to hear them. Please vote on your favourites to win a prize of their choosing. I'll be honest when I say that I'll still probably choose whatever title I want, but the winner will be awarded accordingly. You have until May 14th to cast your votes. To those who are up here, please PM me for your prizes. 

However, for those who weren't selected, don't worry, there will be plenty of contests coming up. I'm planning on doing a critique for about five to ten people, and I'll have details on that in a little bit. Thanks again!

Other Stuff, I Guess 

So I guess that's it for me. Stay tuned. Fun times are ahead. :) 

Until then, happy mother's day!

Viola Davis is my movie mom #slay #howtogetawaywithbeinggorgeous