Shane was steadily popping off rounds into the brains of the invaders and I rushed in to help.

"Where's Carl?" I panted, sticking my knife through the skull of a female corpse.

"RV" Shane answered, firing his gun once more.

Before I could reply my breath was knocked from my body as cold dead hands tore at my clothing trying to rip my flesh from my bones.

I was face down and struggling to turn over as all the weight of the biter came down hard on my back, thudding my head once more to the ground.

I felt the weight removed from me all at once and sighed in relief when I was able to breathe again.

I rolled onto my back to kick myself up, but found a hand in front of my face instead.

I took it and was lifted in a split second to my feet, to thank my hero.

"Thanks" I breathed.

A nod was all I got in return, which was exactly what I had expected from Daryl Dixon.

I quickly returned my attention to the camp, which was now biter free, all that could be heard where soft cries as people held on to what was left of loved ones.

Finally my eyes landed on Glenn and he breathed out a long sigh of relief, running his hands through his hair.

I still didn't see Carl or Lori, Dale was trying to comfort Andrea, Shane was speaking to Rick near the road, Glenn was now beside me, holding my hand in his own, Tdog was heading over to Rick and Shane, and of course Daryl stood alone.

I released Glenn's hand smiling at him softly, before pointing him over to the other men and following him as he walked toward them. When he reached them I didn't stop with him, however, I continued walking until I reached the loner.

He had no one here to be grateful he was still alive at the end of every day, nobody he could be grateful for in return. It was sad, even if he did look like he didn't care.

"Hey" I said, leaning up against the blue pickup next to him.

"Hey" He replied, not bothering to look at me.

He didn't seem like he wanted to talk, but when did he actually want to talk.

"I'm glad you where there earlier, I was sure I was a goner" I was careful with my words, knowing he needed to hear that I was glad he was around. That anyone was.

"Right place, right time" he shrugged.

"Right, I guess. Well thank you, anyway" I barely heard myself say before I walked back to where Glenn was with everyone else. I had said my peace, he could take it or leave it.

Lori and Carl had joined them and everyone was trying to come up with a plan. I felt like Daryl needed to be a part of this, he was part of this group too.

Spinning around to face the truck, I saw that Daryl had gone, probably to burry himself in his tent and forget that us people existed.

I turned back to the group before me,

"Shane" I spoke warily, unsure of how to ask the question I was about to ask.

"Yeah, Keri?" Shane's voice came out equally as soft.

"Wherever we go, could we possibly stop by my family home? I need," I gulped, "something to remember them by."

"In a heartbeat if-" his hand rested on my shoulder, "if we knew it was safe" he finished, running his hand down my arm causing me to shudder. I backed away from him slowly nodding.

My head went spinning to Mark holding me down,

"We don't know if its safe out there, follow us you'll be safe"

I continued backing away until I fell with a loud thump. Glenn rushed to my side, but I had already scrambled to my feet and ran, it took me a moment to realize I had run toward Daryl tent, what was I planning on doing, sitting outside it and hoping he could protect me from here?

I scoffed out loud at my idea and turned to walk back and apologize for being strange when a voice came from behind me.

"Let's take a walk"

Shane.

An: So a little more action here, wonder what Shane wants? How bout Glenn, guys. He's soo stinkin' cute and he has a crushyyy on Keriiii.

Vote/comment

Show the loveee.

-Steff